XXVII - That's What Sisters Are For

"Guys, I can't find Five!" Number Eight gasped as she approached her family, who were forming a small huddle outside of the barn.

Luther frowned at Number Eight. "Wait, what? What do you mean? He was in that room with us!"

"I know!" Number Eight was exasperated. "I was fighting with Lila and ended up putting her in a hallucination for a while. When I let her go, she ran off, so I turned around to help Five out of the rubble, but he was gone."

Diego squinted. "He must've blinked."

"He might be in the barn, trying to help Harlan." Viktor said hopefully, looking between his family members with raised eyebrows.

The family nodded in agreement at Viktor's suggestion before they simultaneously ran towards the barn.

"Eat shit and die!" They heard Number Five yell from inside. Peering around the corner, the family found Number Five sprawled along the hay-coated floor with Lila's booted foot pressed to his neck, like he had once done to her. He managed to push her leg away from his jugular, causing her to collapse on the ground with a grunt. "Come on then. What are you waiting for? Let's finish this thing." The boy cocked his head at Lila.

"Do you not think we should help?" Klaus whispered as the group stood by the entrance of the barn, witnessing the interaction from afar.

Number Eight shook her head. "Just wait. I'll know when he needs us."

Lila chuckled, her expression cold and bitter. "No. This isn't going to be quick." She sniffled. "You are going to suffer for what you did."

"Lady, I've got no idea what you're talking about." Number Five scoffed.

Lila paused for a moment. "Ronnie and Anita Gill."

"Mean nothing to me." Number Five shook his head back and forth, his eyes squinted and focused.

"1993, East London. You hog-tied them and shot them in the head." Lila's eyes began to well with tears as she glared at Number Five.

Allison gasped lowly, shaking her head. "Christ, Five."

Number Five gasped, watching the cold breath escape his own lips. He knew. "The flower merchants. They were your parents?"

"And they never did anything to anyone. They didn't deserve to die like that." Lila wiped her cheeks with the sleeve of her leather jacket, feeling the cold, hard material pull against her skin.

"You're right, all right? I killed them. But I killed a lot of people over the years. It was just a job, all right? That was never personal." The boy protested.

Lila chuckled maniacally. "Never personal, my ass! Yeah, I've killed. It's always, always personal."

"You want to blame someone? Blame The Handler, all right? She faked the kill order

"You want to blame someone? Blame The Handler, all right? She faked the kill order." Number Five backed away from Lila slightly as she pulled a knife out of her boot.