XVII - Hey, It's Öga För Öga, Idiots

Number Five anxious picked at his fingers, trying to get the blood out from underneath his nails. He held a plastic bag full of water and AJ as his original goldfish state, but he truly had the urge to puncture the thing. Footsteps began to approach the blood-soaked teenagers, but they knew they weren't going to get caught looking psychopathic by a stranger.

"Well?" Asked the familiar voice of The Handler

Without even turning his head, Number Five held out AJ in his bag.

"AJ!" The Handler exclaimed, taking the bag from the boy as though she had just won the pet at a carnival. She cackled loudly and cooed at the fish, before looking at the blood-splattered boy. "You know, you're really starting to fill out those tight little shorts of yours."

Number Eight kissed her teeth at the comment, clearly pissed. "Already, lady. I think that's enough commenting on the shorts." She bent her neck to one side, feeling the bones crack as she did so.

The Handler blew a raspberry. "Aw. Aren't you sweet, Number Eight?" She smiled, before looking at Number Five, who had been silent ever since she had arrived.

"Why so quiet? Thought you'd be buzzing after this morning's slaughter." The Handler taunted, wiggling AJ in his bag.

"All this killing... I'm done with it. And I definitely don't want her involved any more." Number Five said, sticking his thumb in Number Eight's direction. He was protective of her, and despite the fact they shared occasional psychotic behaviours, he didn't want to see her blood soaked every day.

The Handler pulled out a handkerchief from her coat pocket

The Handler pulled out a handkerchief from her coat pocket. "What? Am I supposed to take that seriously?" She began dabbing his face with the tissue, only for Number Five to flinch away.

"What I did today, I did for my family. I did it to save the world." Number Five protested.

"Please. Spare me your little assassin with a heart of gold routine, will you?" She tapped her finger on the end of Number Five's nose. Number Eight angrily swatted the woman's hand away, frustrated at how much physical contact she desired.