holy grail

brickell, miami

brickell, miami.

12:20 am.

— "SPIRIT" molani laughed, slapping spirits shoulder.

the group of girls sat in the large bathroom of jades, getting ready.

tonight, there was a fish fry.

now in miami, jamaican culture was just as prominent as haitian.

spirit grew up in a neighborhood that was jamaican to the bone, down to the marina.

she introduced her girls to fish fry's, and ever since then, everytime a flyer popped, she was first in the car to go get herself a plate of steamed vegetables, cabbage, and water crackers.

all topped off with a jamaican champagne cola.

spirit was sported in a black skims set, paired with her black LV slides.

jade had threw on a dark green one piece, and molani had on some camo jeans with a lanvin top.

the girls never really gave eachother a dress code, one could show up to a high class restaurant in a sundress and the next two wouldn't give a fuck.

all you had to do— was look and act THEE part.

"baby the fish not gon swim away, slow yo ass down." jade said laughing with mo.

"girl taste this shit!" mo defended herself, shoving the fork full of fried fish to jades face.

"back yo ass up—" jade responded snatching her head back, "gimme sum." she added, biting onto the fork.

"that shit good?" spirit said smiling as jades expression.

"better than cock." jade chewed with her eyes open.

"ight bitch you dragged it."

spirit and jade immediately bursted out into laughter before spirit felt a hand touch her shoulder.

turning her head around, she smiled seeing ace.

"what's gon on broski" she said, standing up, giving him a quick hug.

"wassam fat." he spoke before saying wassup to mo and jade.

"hey babydaddy" jade spoke up.

"i know yo nigga now dnt make me snitch" ace responded, pointing his finger in her face in a joking matter.

"ok fieldslave u dragged it." she rolled her eyes, crossing her legs over again. reggae music blasted through the back of this small jamaican restaurant, uncles were playing dominoes and overgrown jamaican aunties were fitted in designer.

at this time, spirit hasn't seen judah for 3 days, they called here and there, but the absence of one another physically did not equate to the absence of each other mentally.

she knew it was all love.

"girl i wanna go on a trip." mo spoke, sipping a ginger ale.

"y'all wanna go to atlannuh?" ace said, rolling up.
— "um no, what the fuck is there in atlanta beside food and robbery?" jade said, laughing.

"you playing bra" he shook his head before opening his phone, looking up plane tickets.

"i wanna go. i wanna try that deli place wit them wings." spirit spoke up.

"lemme get a 6 piece hot lemon pepper extra wet extra crunchy with a peach lemonade chy"
molani said, biting into her fish.

"where yo man at girl?"ace said, turning his head to spirit.

"y'all always asking about that peasant, when u wit' me, it's all about ME! thank yaaa." spirit retorted, throwing her plate away.

1:34 am

"bra you too fuckin heavy handed you finna get me mad" judah said, snatching his head forward.

"judah don't piss me off, why are men so damn tender headed." spirit kissed her teeth, pulling his head back, continuing to part.

judahs stylist, sev, had currently been on a month long vacation.

this resulted in judah having to go to spirit to beg for her to braid his hair up.

"you walking round looking the coocoo the fucking clown but ain't sitting still so somebody could help you the fuck out." she spoke, scolding him.

he turned his head, looking back at her, before kissing his teeth and looking back into his lap,
rolling up.

"piss me the fuck off bra." he mumbled under his breath, licking his J.

continuing to part, spirit had fantasia playing lightly in the background.

although judah always complained when she did his hair, she found dealing with his hair therapeutic.

spirit held a beautiful arrangement of 3b-4a curls on her head, she was proud of the thick bunch she had.

dealing with a mother who never grew up doing her own curly hair, her mother relaxed her hair up until the third grade.

from then on, her father believed in letting her natural hair show.

he grew her hair out, before sitting down with her one afternoon, watching a youtube video, and cutting off all the straight ends.

now, spirits hair had rained down to the middle of her back, and when it was not in a wig, like now, it was sported in a large fro.

now judahs hair, was very loose, a smooth 2c-3a on a real moisturized day.

although she loved her thick hair, parting and braiding judahs hair was a dream.

"you not done yet?" he said , turning his head in the middle of her braiding.

"bitc-"

"my bad."