1.17

"You have all received an official statement of what occurred" Rhodes said on the Tv. "There have been unconfirmed reports that a robotic prototype malfunctioned" He continued. Blake snorted from her spot on the couch. 

"More like human brain malfunction" She said, taking a sip of her gatorade.

"Don't get gatorade on the couch young lady" Pepper scolded as she put makeup on one of Tony's cuts.

"Iron Man" Tony said while reading the newspaper about the incident "kinda catchy, Blake do you like it?" He asked his daughter.

"You are iron man" Blake said not taking her eyes off the tv.

"See Potts. I am Iron Man" Tony said matter of factly. Agent Coulson walked into the room

"Hey Mr. Agent!" Blake called. 

"Hey kid. Actually Mr Stark you are in fact not Iron Man, you were on your yacht last night" Coulson said handing Tony a paper. "your alibi, we have statements from your 50 guests and proof paper" he said. Tony excepted the paper with a sigh. 

"Honey come here" Pepper called. Blake stood up from the couch and walked to her dad. Tony reached down, picked her up and sat her on his lap as Pepper started cleaning a cut on her cheek.

"Which band aid kiddo?" Tony asked.

"The shark one" Blake replied said as she read the paper Coulson has handed her dad.

"Just read it word for word" Coulson said to Tony as Pepper put the shark band aid on Blakes cheek.

"Kind of a flimsy story don't you think?" Tony asked

"This isn't my first rodeo Stark" Coulson replied

"Thats Mr Stark to you" Blake said sassily looking up with a frown. Pepper choked a bit. 

"Hey ya know kids just say what they want" Tony defended. Coulson sighed and walked away, Pepper jogged after him. "nice one kid" Tony praised. Blake took another sip of gatorade

"I know" She said, then smiled up at her dad. Tony smiled back

"You know kid, i think you might be my daughter"

--------- in conference room---------

Blake and Pepper sat in the back of the conference room as Rhodes spoke.

" Mr. Stark has prepared a statement" he said, the reporters all started talking and reaching for notebooks and pencils. "he will not be taking any questions. Thank you" Rhodes said as Tony came up to the podium.

"It's been awhile since i was in front of you. So i'd figure id stick to the card this time" He cleared his throat. "There had been speculation that i was involved in the events that occured on the freeway and the rooftop" Tony said hesitantly.

"Honestly Mr Stark do you really expect us to believe that was a bodyguard in a suit that conveniently appred, despite the fact...?" A voice started but Tony intureped the reporter

"I know it's confusing" He said glaring at the woman "It's one thing to question the official story, it's another thing entirely to make wild accusations that i am a superhero" Tony stated firmly.

Blake frowned "But you are a superhero" she mumbled.

"But i never said you were a superhero" Christine stated annoyed.

"You didn't?" Tony asked "well good because that would be outlandish" He said 

"It would be awesome!" Blake yelled from the back. Tony smiled as the room laughed

"Your certainly not fit to be a hero anyway, you can even keep your child quiet" Christine said. Tony raised his eyebrows

"Excuse me, now your out of place. My daughter is allowed to say being a superhero is awesome and you know what i am her superhero, in fact..." Tony paused

"i am Iron Man"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

it a short chapter ik, but i figured this was a good place to stop. The next chapter will be out today hopefully!