Mini-saga Duology Challenge #2 [Closed]

A book series contains hundreds and thousands of words written by writers to weave a story that readers follow from the first book to the last. But have you ever written a series within just a hundred words?

Well, we bring you an opportunity to do just that.

We're back with #SeasonTwo of our Mini-saga duology contest. So, if you haven't had a chance before, grab the golden opportunity now.

To find out more just keep scrolling.

PROMPTS

For this contest, we challenge you to write a mini-saga duology. Your duology should be written within a hundred words. Each book should have no more than fifty words.

Choose one of the genres given below to write your duology:

▪︎ General Fiction
▪︎ Young Adult
▪︎ Sci-fi
▪︎ Fantasy
▪︎ Romance
▪︎ Mystery/ Thriller
▪︎ Horror

RULES AND GUIDELINES

1. The contest starts on 22nd August and ends on 30th September at 23:59 EST.

2. Each part of your mini-saga duology should have no more than fifty words. Both parts should have no more than 100 words.

3. Your entries should be submitted via this FORM only.

4. Each part of your duology should be published on Wattpad as a standalone story (It should not be a part of the same or an existing collection)

5. Fanfiction is permitted.

6. All entries must be written in English. Unfortunately, we do not have other language capabilities on the team.

7. Mature entries are permitted.

8. All entries must follow Wattpad Content Guidelines.

9. You must write a new story for this contest only.

10. LGBTQ+ characters are welcome.

FAQs

1. What Is A Mini Saga?

A mini-saga is a very short story written within 50 words. It is a type of micro-fiction in which writers complete and tell a story within a limited word count.

2. What is a mini-saga duology?

A mini-saga duology is a series of two books. Each book has no more than fifty words. Your duology must be written within a hundred words only. Both parts of your duology must connect to form a complete story with a beginning, middle, and end.

3. What is the submission deadline for the contest?

The contest begins on 22nd August and ends on 30th September at 23:59 EST.

4. Can my entry be a part of an existing short story collection or anthology?

For this contest, each part of your duology must be published as a separate book and marked complete before submission.

5. What is the word count for this contest?

For this challenge, each part of your mini-saga duology should have no more than fifty words. Both parts should have no more than 100 words in total. Although, a small amount of leeway will be given.

6. How can I submit my entry?

You can submit your entry via the form provided in the Rules and Guidelines section.

7. Can I submit more than one entry?

Yes, you can submit more than one entry, but only one can win.

8. Can my entry contain mature content?

Mature content is permitted for this contest but your entry must follow Wattpad Content Guidelines.

PRIZES

▪︎ The winner(s) will get a feature in the genre-specific reading list on our profile.

▪︎ The winner(s) will receive a shout-out to over 7.03k fellow Wattpaders on the WattpadSeries profile.

▪︎ The winner(s) will receive a special winner sticker for their story covers.

DISCLAIMER

Please note, that this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.