Chapter 11

Loki spent the rest of the school day at Morgan's side. He wouldn't risk another incident with her health. Not after the horrendous gym class. He spent his time watching over her, wondering just how badly she'd been injured in the attack that day and just how much of her life his actions had caused her. He hated that she'd been injured, hated that she still bore the scars of the battle to this day.

Luckily, she had no other incidents that day, besides being fatigued from the gym class. She let Loki walk her back to the tower and he helped her sneak up to her room to take a nap, slipping past her father without them being seen. She clearly didn't want to tell him about the incident in gym class. Loki wasn't about to break her confidence over one incident. If it happened again... then he would risk Tony's wrath to bring it up.

But only if it happened again.

*

The next day was Saturday, so Morgan didn't have school and Loki didn't have to escort her or guard her. However, that didn't mean that he didn't want to see her. The Starklet was interesting and sparked his curiosity. She had magic. He knew she did, but he hadn't seen any sign of it since the battle of New York.

So Loki waited for her to come to breakfast that morning to spend an entertaining morning with the Starklet. Except the troublesome little Starklet didn't come to breakfast. That worried Loki, especially when it got too late and even more especially after her medical issue the day before, so he went back upstairs to check on her. The path between his suite and hers, and the common room and her suite was well traveled by the god by then. The entire team knew it and Tony pretended he didn't.

When Loki got to her room, he knocked politely on the door and found that there was no Morgan in her room either. Definitely a troublesome little Starklet. "Lady Morgan?" Loki called out. "Where have you gone?" He asked the question to himself, not really expecting an answer. Though things didn't always happen as expected in the Avengers' Tower. In fact, things usually didn't happen as one would expect.

"She is down in her lab, sir," Jarvis told Loki, announcing it from a speaker above Loki's head. Jarvis answering random questions around the tower, even when not directed to him, was definitely in the norm in the tower.

Loki looked at the ceiling, still getting used to the AI. His instinct was to treat it like a servant and be polite to it. It controlled a lot of the tower, he'd found out. "How long has she been there?"

"A couple of hours," Jarvis replied, sounding displeased. Loki bet that Morgan had gone down to work without eating breakfast. She was too alike to her father in some ways.

Loki nodded, though wasn't still entirely sure if Jarvis could see him. "Could you tell her I'm coming?"

"Yes, sir,"

Loki quickly made his way to the floor where Morgan's lab was. He knocked on the door before he walked inside. Morgan had already given him permission to enter her lab whenever. He'd proven his trust. "Lady Morgan?" He asked when he saw her.

Morgan glanced up from her project and gave him a bright smile that warmed his heart. It was rare for people to be glad to see him and the little Starklet always was. "Hey, Loki,"

"Hello, Lady Morgan," he replied warmly, returning her smile with a soft one of his own. "It's time for breakfast." He figured she had forgotten.

His theory was proven true when her bright smile turned to a pout. "But I'm working," she whined, resembling her father far too much.

Loki chuckled, finding her absolutely adorable. "You'll be able to focus better when you're not hungry," he reasoned far too reasonably.

Morgan knew that a Loki would not be easily dissuaded. So she got up from her lab table. "You're stubborn," she grumbled at him, but good-naturedly.