Chapter 5

Max

Making her way to her bedroom Max's wolf had been quiet since seeing Raven then there was the information she was just given. Stripping from her clothing Max climbed into the bed it felt strange not having Hunter lying beside her.  Her night would be a sleepless one. Between being uncomfortable not having Hunter by her side and when she did fall asleep her dreams were full of nothing except Raven. Of the future that the three of them could have together. But it was useless unless they got her back, "Urgh." Max threw the blankets off her body as she gave up trying to get any amount of sleep. So, Max went out to the living room she paced the rest of the night trying to come up with a plan of anything that would help to get Raven back. Hopefully without any casualties. First rays of sunlight came through the window. With as much strength that she could muster Max went about her normal routine until it was time to let the pack know that everything from the night before was under control.

As expected, there were many who were concerned for their families. Others who wanted to know why Raven had left and then come back with another Alpha. Some with questions that she had to refuse to answer. Sienna was by her side the entire time while Max did all the speaking. She was there to show that she supported Max in the role of Luna. After the meeting many wolves gave her their condolences at her circumstances of the time being. This was supposed to be a happy time. With her mate now Alpha who was currently being held in a cell and her other mate who was being held by some mad man. Max just gave them a tight-lipped smile. Honestly what was she supposed to say?

Max then made her way to the Alpha's office. Sure, she didn't entirely know what he did, but she could at least tightly things up until he was back. Opening the door, she was pleasantly surprised to see Hunter in his chair. All eyes went to Max as she stood in the doorway. Hunter motioned with his head for her to come forward. Max tried to walk as normal as he could trying not to show her excitedness at the thought of her mate in front of her. Hunter pulled her onto his lap when she had gotten close enough. Hunter turned her face to his before pressing his lips to hers. Max not even caring that there were others in the room moaned into the kiss. Hunter kissed her, she could feel his emotions in that kiss. His apology for losing control and leaving her with the fall out. And an underling promise that they would get their mate back. They would deal with whatever happened together.

"I'm sorry." He said as soon as the kiss broke his thumb stroking her cheek.

"I know. Have they filled you in on everything?"

"Yes." Hunter motioned for them to get up, he took her hand as they walked to the small meeting table in his office. Across it were several documents including blueprints of Jayson's pack lands.

"Unfortunately, these are the plans we have. There from when we were still in alliance with him. There's no telling the differences that have been made since then. We've tried to come up with some idea of what to do but with outdated prints we can't put anything in place. I don't want to risk the lives of anyone if possible." Archer, Hunter's brother and second, said. Archer would be the next Alpha if something were to happen to Hunter and he hadn't had a child to take his place. He leaned on his arms that were rested on the table as he looked at the prints.

"What if we were to send someone in." Dare, who had been the last Beta before retiring, said. His daughter June was by his side. She had been offered the Beta position but had kindly turned that down. That wasn't what she wanted for her life and Hunter excepted telling her that he understood and wished her the best in what she was looking for. When she turned twenty-one, she would be leaving the pack for a time being June wanted to see the world, "I was thinking Archer or June if she wanted."

"Absolutely not!" Sienna yelled.

"Mother with all due respect I am Alpha now. I will ask them both. I will say though that I don't thinking Archer should go. He's next to be Alpha if something were to happen to me. June the choice is yours."