Chapter 12

Raven and Max watched Hunter leave, then returned to the bedroom. Once done with getting ready for the day they went into the kitchen. Max sat at the island watching Raven as she began rummaging around gathering ingredients. Raven whisked the eggs, the sound echoed in the empty air.

"I can feel you watching me." Raven said as she poured the eggs into the pan before laying strips of bacon in the other.

"Can't help it. It's almost like you're dancing, hypnotizing."

Raven shook her head with a smile playing on her lips. She tried not to give into it but in the end the smile made itself known and was staying put. They ate in comfortable silence. The only thing that would make it better is Hunter joining them. They worked together cleaning the table and washing the dishes.

"That was nice." Max told Raven as she put away the last dish.

"Yes it was."

"So should we join Hunter in the meeting?" Max questioned as they headed towards the couch.

"That or we could just have some time to yourself. Watch a movie, see what happens." Raven gave Max a smirked. She could see the nervous look on Max's face, "Max have you ever had any relationship with a woman before?"

"I've never been in any relationship before Hunter. And honestly I've never really been attracted to women. I met Hunter just after turning mate, finding age so to speak. But when I saw you... I felt the same thing I did when I first saw Hunter."

Raven nodding understandingly, she turned more to face Max, their knees brushing slightly.

"Every relationship is different, they take time. And the mate bond doesn't care about gender, it's about the bond our souls make.

Max leaned against Raven as they put on a random movie. The movie was halfway in when Raven started stroking Max's head, she had only ever felt this content with Hunter, it made her happy that she was now feeling this way about Raven. She closed her eyes and slept. Her eyes opened, Max was unsure how long she had been asleep, looking around she saw that she was now in the bedroom.

Getting to her feet she walked back into the living room, Raven sat on the couch flipping through multiple channels, "How long was I asleep?"

"About an hour, you looked uncomfortable so I moved you into the bedroom."

'She's perfect.' Max agreed with her wolf.

Max moved to stand in front of her dark haired beauty. Her want for her mate was intense, Raven looked up at her, she leaned her arms back along the headrest of the couch and gave a nod, telling Max to go ahead. A smile on her face Max began to remove her clothing, one button at a time. Her nimbly fingers moved to her jeans after her shirt slid down her body. Once those were off she stood letting Raven take her in. She now regarded wearing the pink bra and pantie set that clashed with her hair instead of something more sexy and flattering.

Ravens eyes traveled down Max's body drinking every ounce. Max held out her hand which Raven gladly took, making their way back to the bedroom, Max stopped abruptly. Motioning for her to stay Max ran off somewhere only to bring something back, Raven raised an eyebrow.

"I saw this online, at the time I didn't know why I had bought it. Now I do." She handed Raven the skin colored double sided dildo, "I've never used it." Raven grabbed hold of Max's face, kissing her hard which ignited a fire inside both of them, leading up to where they were now, naked on the bed. Max lay flat on her back, legs spread as raven inserted on the side of the dildo into her mate, slowly thrusting it in and out. After Max's first orgasm Raven impaled herself with the other end. They moved together, Raven pulled Max up so that they were face to face. Flesh pressed against flesh. Pleasure coursing through their bodies. They looked into each other's eyes, the emotional bond forming, next would be the marking. Each felt their canines sharpened as the next climax was near, they kissed each other on the necks, the place where they would be putting their marks. Both exploded with orgasmic relief as they sank their teeth into each other. Sealing the bond and completing them all.

"I guess that makes our bond complete." Max said, snuggling up against Raven.

"Yes."

"Hey, does your wolf talk to you often?"

"Not so much. But it isn't the same for each person. I think that it's like our personalities. If you are bubbly and outgoing, your wolf is probably more talkative. If you are more reserved and quiet then you wolf is probably more in the background. Mine is more in the background. She only speaks when she thinks it's necessary. Why do you ask?"

"My wolf used to be talkative but has kinda sunk more into the background."

"I'm sure she'll speak to you again when she's ready. So should we stay here or finally join Hunter?" Raven asked, even though a part of her missed Hunter she was enjoying her alone time with Raven.

"I wanna stay. I'm not ready to face the reality of the situation that we are in." Raven placed a finger under her chin moving it upward to make Max look in her eyes.

"We can face any foe if we stay together. I just hate that I'm the one that brought this here, this war to our doorstep."

Max could see the regret in Raven's eyes, "You beauty have done nothing wrong, he had a plan from the very beginning."

"But if I never left-"

"Then you wouldn't be the woman you are now. The woman that I love. Each choice has an outcome. None of the ones that Jayson has made are directly because of you."

Raven felt the tears in the corners of her eyes, could feel them break free even without her blinking to let them. Max sat up her thumbs wiping the tears from her face. Max leaned forward gently placing her lips over Ravens, breaking the kiss she moved downward, her lips grasping every inch of Raven's body that they could. The place between her perky breast, the each one, lingering on the nipples. Raven fisted her hand in Maxs hair.

Once Max was settled between Raven's legs both her hands gripped the bed sheets. Her breath warm against Raven's thighs, hands on either thigh Max spread them a bit wider. He gave a smirk before she began, her tongue making slow movements on Raven's clit. Raven moaned deeply, her back arching as Max pushed two fingers inside her.

Raven grabbed hold of her breast, needing to do something, anything with her hands. The immense stimulation was enough to throw her over the edge into release. She felt her walls clenching Max's fingers, she moaned as the pleasure coursed through her.

"Now that is something I could definitely get used to seeing."

Both looked in the direction of the voice seeing Hunter leaning against the doorframe. Arms crossed with a smirk plastered on his face. They both smiled at him and his ever present erection pressing against his pants. Hunter looked over the bodies of his two mates. Wondering just how the world could bless him with these precious gifts.

Each extremely beautiful in their own right.

His eyes zeroed in on the fresh neck wounds they each had, "You've completed the bond." It felt good for them all to finally be connected. "I'll let you two finish them we need to talk."