12. Giving and tension

-sexual content ahead-
no smut

The two weeks leading up to the Christmas break were just like usual school, no new fake relationships, drama or crying, luckily. Kate had decided it was probably a better idea to stay at at Hogwarts over the winter break at least having the Hogwarts kitchen to hide away in and bake and cook to her hearts desires. Even though Christmas was one of Kate's favourite time of the year.

Everyone was going home for the holidays the next morning, leaving at 11, so the gift giving had commenced. Kate was extremely excited for her friends to open their gifts. She had revived a variation of tea from Dorcas, a new hair ribbon from Lily, a wizarding cookbook from Alice and a small cauldron to bake in from Marlene. All of their gifts were wrapped beautifully, to the point of guilt while opening them. Kate was incredibly happy that her friends bought her such thoughtful gifts.
"Guys I cannot thank you enough, these are so thoughtful." Kate said, tearing up slightly.

"Ok, my turn." Kate said composing herself and handed the gifts that she had carefully wrapped for them.
"I've been wanting this book forever!"
"I needed more hair mousse."
"My favourite quills."
"Cat socks, I thought about getting these."
"And you got us all our favourite sweets."
They said happily, huge smiles on their faces.
Kate was knocked back onto her bed as they all ambushed her with a group hug. They knew Kate didn't have the most money, therefore her gifts were carefully picked and planned.
"Thank you guys so much." Kate said "But you're crushing my ribs so can you get up?" She wheezed.
"Are you sure you don't want to come to mine?" Alice asked. "Really, my parents wouldn't mind."
"Alice, It's fine. I can cook the entire day, with the book you gave me and drink all of the teas that Dor gave me. One might even dethrone the lavender tea." Kate countered.
"Ok, you've got to write to us though. We'll miss you." Alice said and gave Kate another hug.
"I promise."

"Soo what did you get James for Christmas?" Marlene asked with a smirk. "Anything special?"
"No, I got him a pair of duck slippers. To match mine." Kate said.
"That's cute, but boring. Should have given him you." She said with a wink.
Everyone rolled their eyes.
"We haven't even talked about sex yet." Kate said. "Talking about James, I have to go and give him his gift." Swiftly leaving the conversation.

Kate pulled two things out from under her bed.
"Oh! You liar, you got him more!" Marlene shouted as Kate ran out of the door.
"What is it?!" Dorcas shouted as Kate ran down the dormitory stairs away from more prying questions.

-

Kate was met with silence when she knocked on the boys door. Where were they?
"Hey, is anyone in there?" Kate shouted through the door but again, no answer.
What was the harm in going in and just leaving the gifts on his bed? Kate opened the door and entered the messy dorm. Finding James's bed and placing his presents on his pillows neatly, content, she observed the room.

She could tell that it was a teenage boys room. It smelled slightly funny, and clothes were strung all around, beds unmade, and sheets of paper and homework all over the floor. Well Remus's side was only slightly cleaner than the rest, his bed made and clothes folded. Had they not packed yet? Then she heard the bathroom door behind her creak open. And spun round on her heels in a panic brining a hand to her chest,

James. Shirtless. Wet. Abs. Arms. Hair.
He was utterly the hottest thing Kate had ever laid her eyes on. She felt her jaw drop open, he looked like he felt like rocks.
Why had she found Amos attractive? His hair was dripping wet sticking in every and all directions. The water droplets sliding from his neck down to his chiselled chest. 6 abs and a very prominent v line to his-
Speak.