AUTHOR NOTE

Welcome to my latest story, And Then You Die

This story grew from a shower thought; what if you died, but you didn't have any paperwork?

Having worked in offices and administrative roles for over fourteen years, I'm familiar with the pedantic nature of filling out forms, jumping through hoops, and signing on the dotted line.

What a pain in the arse if you die and the afterlife is just the same!

This story is a more darkly comedic tale and follows the exploits of Mackenzie Bowen and her Reaper partner as she tries to earn her way into the afterlife.

I'll note that I'm not religious (despite being raised Catholic) but I find all religions fascinating, which is why I've taken some liberties with the belief and afterlife system in this story. Understand that this is a work of fiction and not designed to offend any one religion, nor should any of the contents herein be attributed to my personal belief system.

Everyone is entitled to their personal religious convictions and that should be respected.

I'd like to add that this story obviously deals with death, so you can expect that to feature heavily. If this is a trigger for you, then I don't recommend that you read this story. There will also be depictions of violence, action, strong language, and the aforementioned fictional religious construct (fictional in so far as I've taken liberties in this story).

I am also the sole copyright holder of the following story, and it is posted exclusively to

~W A T T P A D~

If you find this story on any other sites please send me a message to let me know, as they have no legal permission to host it.

Do not try to share links to my story in the comments for people to use. They'll be deleted immediately. This story is free to read on this platform and there's no reason for anyone to go anywhere else to read it.

If you pirate this story then you are complicit in illegal activities and action will be taken.

With all that said, I hope that you'll enjoy this new story!

Don't be shy about leaving comments and votes, I'm always happy to read what you have to say! And if you spot any errors that I've missed during editing, let me know. I'm always grateful for anything that'll help me to polish a story or correct grammatical errors.

Much love as always,

Clarissa North