Chapter 1: Depression and sacrifice

So. Peter wasn't having a good day. He just got his body back after that stupid brain jacking from Doc Ock.

And wow, he destroyed Peter's reputation.

MJ broke up with him.

As Spider-man he's been having a hard time keeping up with crime.

He was angry that the Avengers didn't help him even though he always took care of crime like that alone and without the Avengers anyway.

Oh and also he hasn't been getting good publicity and was resented in the city, which was awful. Even though that's also nothing new for him.

Even after he got a canon ball wound after stopping a bank robbery, the doctors didn't even offer him a tube of canon ball wound ointment. They just give him a list of ways to get canon ball wounds and a recommendation to not do anything on the list as well as a suggestion to lay off dairy.

Yeah. Nice medical service there.

And then he fought the Postal Dude. That was also unpleasant. And then the Postal dude started using the Black light virus like Alex Mercer. Even fucking better.

And then after practically half of Spider-man's bones were broken, he was hoping the police would help him.

But no.

He looked at the police only to see this.

The result of that last fight was witnessed by the Avengers.

They laughed about his misfortune.

Well, some of them laughed. When some of the other members found out what happened, they weren't happy.

"How could you laugh at his pain like that?" Janet Van Dyne asked angrily.

"He got what he deserved" Tony laughed.

"How can you even say that?" Wasp asked eve more angry.

"Well, he did a bunch of bad stuff. Remember?" Hawk eye asked.

"Spider man wasn't in his right state of mind. He shouldn't be punished for being sick. We have to help him" Janet protested.

"What about Hank Pym?" Captain America asked.

Hank has been in a severely damaged mental state after Ultron, leading up to the whole Yellow jacket situation and he's clearly in need of help from close friends.

"Oh, fuck him" Janet dismissed.

"Anyway if you're not going to help our friend when he needs it then I'm going to do what you should"

And then she left to find Spider-man and help him. And big surprise the others dismissed her as an irrational stupid woman.

Ironically if this was the walking dead, they might have had a point.