Chapter 3: Back to New York

So a lot has happened since the last chapter. Peter met the rest of the Justice league. Or whichever ones were going to be plot relevant in this story or whatever.

Yeah. So this is a goddamn multiverse story.

(Author's note: Even though I don't like multiverse stories I promise not to retcon that out of the story as soon as I find another way to combine the Marvel and DC... who am I kidding? No I don't)

Spider-Man also explained to everyone what happened to him.

Many of them were horrified.

"That's terrible" Wonder Woman gasped. "Could you imagine if someone hijacked your body and did really bad things while you were unconscious or something?" she asked.

Wonder Woman said "It's a good thing I would never do that. Anyone that would commit all kinds of illegal actions while hijacking another person's body is scum. It's a good thing that Otto never had sex with anyone though" she mentioned. "Could you imagine if someone had sex and then committed felony crimes while possessing another unconscious person"

"Yeah" Peter nodded. "That's why you're such an excellent hero" he said. "I'm glad you're an inspiration to so many people"

"Oh and also I would never sing John Lennon's imagine in the middle of a recession" Diana added.

And then Peter began getting back to work on trying to use the mother box better.

After another day Peter and whoever was DC's version of Tony Stark or Reed Richards managed to figure it out.

He began getting ready to go back home. But he wouldn't go back alone. Before he could even ask if anyone would come with him, Kara, Diana, and Zatanna offered.

And so they went back to New York via boom tube.

Of course Spider-man took the mother box with him. He also took an item Zatanna took off of Star sapphire.

Once they got back to New York they began getting everything back on track.

The sinister six were easier to deal with when divided into easily manageable threes.

Even the tougher guys like Carnage couldn't really hurt Spider-man once Zatanna started using fire spells. Because yeah. With all of the different pyrokinetics, apparently Zatanna was the only one that was able to use fire.

Even without the ability to exploit his sound weakness, Zatanna and Spider-man were able to deal with Carnage together.

But even after everything was getting better, Peter wanted to find a better way to deal with everyone and stuff. He couldn't just expect himself or someone else to just deal with it, especially if the symbiote was a problem.

And apparently destroying the symbiote permanently was just not an option because reasons.

After the first few nights the news of Spider-man's return excited everyone and made them relieved. Meanwhile Peter brought the three to the old Superior Spider-man lair. They approached as civilians.

"Is this where Otto kept his research?" Kara asked.

Peter nodded. "Yeah. I never would have imagined I'd actually want to be here. But it does have resources. You've got the mother box?" he asked.

"Yup. I've got it right here" Kara responded, holding up said box.

They were hoping that they could use the mother box to upgrade the lab. Particularly to help with the thinking and calculations they didn't want to do. "I'm just surprised this place was never destroyed. Not long ago I'd have wanted it destroyed, but looking back, I'm glad it was ignored"