Max's Nightmares

(there is no ships in this chapter, I haven't really made any yet and I'm not sure I plan to lol, also this is a pretty long chapter compared to the others so buckle in for the ride.)

Seb: Goodnight everyone!

HONEYBADGER: Night Seb!!

Golden Retriever: Goodnight, sweet dreams everyone 🤗

Albono: Night

Iceman: Bwoah, good night

SUPER MAX: Night.

Lando is okay: Night!

Smooth Operator: Charles is already asleep jajaja, good night!

El Plan: OK, stop texting and go to bed. Night.

- 01:00 AM -

Golden Retriever: Is anyone awake?

Sir Lewis: Yeah, but you should be asleep mate.

Golden Retriever: I heard someone crying though!

Sir Lewis: Go and check then, it isn't me so I don't know.

-

Mick hopped out of bed, wearing a t-shirt, some pyjama bottoms and cookie monster slippers that he thought were just pretty cool. Seb had gotten him them for Christmas a while ago. He twisted open the door knob, squinting to see in the dark, he gripped his torch and it flickered on. He hated getting up in the dark, it always scared him. Just like when he was little. Stepping out into the dark hallway, he began to look at who's light was on. Nobody had it on but he saw some light from Lando and Daniel's room but they were probably just Lando's nightlights. They had to sleep in the same room as their team mates so he closed the door behind him, careful not to wake Kevin up. The crying noise came from Max and Checo's room, Checo was almost impossible to wake up so it had to be Max. He slowly opened the door, peering in to see the Dutchman holding his pillow in his face. The German furrowed his brows and entered the room, turning off the flashlight and closing the door behind him. He sat on the bed beside Max and gently nudged him, it made the guy flinch but as soon as he noticed it was him he just continued to sob. 

"What's wrong Max? Why are you crying?" He spoke sympathetically, resting a hand on his shoulder in case he didn't want to be hugged. He was always careful of people's personal space. Mick hated making people uncomfortable so he was always extra careful. Max continued to sob uncontrollably. The Haas driver frowned and pulled him into a hug, he felt bad and hoped his hug would calm him down. After a few minutes, Max calmed down enough to tell him what had happened and why he was crying so much.

"Just some shitty nightmares about some of you and my dad..." Max spoke through tears, he felt weak in the moment but knew he could trust Mick with that.

Mick whispered something to Max before sighing and talking to the guy until around 2 in the morning when he was fully calmed down.

"If you need anything just text me, OK? I'm going to go back to my room now." Mick smiled, patting the exhausted looking Max. He wondered how long those nightmares had been going on for. He recommended Max a 'dream catcher', the only reason they worked was if the person believed in them. That's what helped him with his nightmares. Mick opened the door to leave but turned around when Max called his name.

"Thanks for helping me out, I really needed that." Max sighed, wiping his eyes before going back to bed.

Mick smiled, it was nice to know he had helped out a friend in need. He liked being able to do that. He liked how people trusted him. As he returned to his room, he unlocked his phone and began to text again.

- 2:24 AM -

Golden Retriever: I sorted it out... goodnight.

(I'm going to do another chapter about this -aftermath- soon. Thanks @moonlight_F1 for the idea!)