Case 143

It wasn't until later that day that Rose managed to catch Minho alone. She had to confirm what his earlier comment meant and if she was correct, how did he find out that she was at KCON?

"Minho, what did you mean earlier?"

"I think you know."

"How do you know?"

"Your friend was a little too helpful."

"Anna."

"We guessed that you had spoken to her, which she confirmed. Why else would she check that our outfits were comfortable?"

"I may have asked Anna to look out for you for me. It was hard not being there."

"But you were there."

"Why do you think that?"

"It was just a guess, Chan had this idea that you wouldn't be able to stay away. I wasn't so sure but..."

"But?"

"Now I am."

"What?"

"Your reaction convinced me."

Rose stared at Minho who smiled smugly back at her.

"Fine. You're right. I went to KCON. Being away from you all was killing me and I had to see you for myself."

"You were at KCON?"

The pair looked to the side to see Jisung with a distraught expression on his face.

"Sungie? I'm sorry. I -"

"Why didn't you come and see us?"

"I wanted to... I didn't think -"

"You were right there the whole time and didn't tell us. We needed you. I needed you, and you weren't there. I didn't think you were there."

Minho walked over to Jisung and wrapped his arm around him. Rose's throat was tight with emotion as she watched them walk away. She barely managed to choke out the words that she had already said so many times that they felt like they had lost their meaning.

"I'm sorry..."

Going home with Bang Chan was odd. While she had been to his apartment before, she had never gone home with him at the end of the day and had never stayed there overnight.

Hyunjin and Jisung went straight to their rooms without a word from either of them. Changbin tried to diffuse the tension by making a big show of welcoming Rose and giving her a tour.

After bidding the rapper goodnight, the soulmates went to Chan's room where her luggage was already waiting.

"Let me make some room so that you can unpack."

"That can wait until tomorrow. You must be exhausted."

"I might as well do it now. I'm not sure I'd be able to sleep now anyway."

"Do you mind if I wash up?"

"No. Of course not. Go ahead."

Rose grabbed her toiletries and pyjamas out of her suitcase before heading to the bathroom. The door was closed. She wasn't sure was protocol the boys had, whether the door was always kept closed regardless of whether it was occupied or not. She knocked on the door to check.

"Almost done!"

Rose tensed up when she heard Hyunjin's voice. Before she could decide if she should make herself scarce for the boy's comfort, the door opened. Hyunjin looked shocked to see her there, perhaps forgetting for a moment that she was now living with them. He quickly put on a neutral face and walked to his room without a second glance.