19

(March 11th, 56 days old)

She was talking just moments before, appearing to be fine and the next thing he knew, he was shouting out her name as he grabbed her, her limp body falling into his arms. His heart flew into his throat as he held her up against him a moment longer, feeling the urge to try and tap her cheek to wake her up but rather than doing that he slowly laid her down on the cold tile floor and hovered over her, making sure to keep a hold of her hand at all times.

He reaches for his phone but only feels empty pockets, making him mutter under his breath. "Shit, shit, shit," he squeezes her hand with the hope that that would wake her up again. "Hailey... come on, baby, wake up, wake up."

Jay looks around the room frantically, continuing to squeeze her hand tightly. His hand started to shake and his knuckles turned white as he held on to her limp hand. Normally she would squeeze back, try and hold his tighter than him but her hands were a lot smaller than his in comparison so they never actually did and he'd always tease her about it.

"Hailey, wake up, come on." He says, shaking her arm.

Just then the bathroom door creaks open again and it makes Jay look up, calling out for the person on the other side of the door to come in. "Hey! I need help in here!"

With that, the door swings open completely and Kim steps into the bathroom, her eyes growing wide when she sees the sight of her colleague hovering over his unconscious partner. "Oh my god, what happened?!" She steps forward, kneeling down beside both the detectives. "I heard you shout, what happened?" She asks again.

Jay shakes his head quickly. "I don't know, she threw up, she looked all pale and then she passed out.. she started her period again today, she said she'd lost a lot of blood."

Kim turns her head over her shoulder, looking over at the closed bathroom door. "Adam!" She yelled loudly and Jay just prayed it was loud enough to carry out to the bullpen. She then turned back around and told Jay to scoot her closer to the sink, both the officer and detective resting her legs up against the sink.

The door to the bathroom bursts open and Adam has a very similar reaction to that Kim and Jay had, mumbling under his breath but he doesn't get a chance to question it when Kim whips her head around to look at her partner. "Go call 911."

The officer nods and takes off again, Jay just about managing to hear Adam running down the corridor back to the bullpen as the bathroom door slowly closes again.

Jay looks down at Hailey, who was still showing no signs of waking up. He darts his gaze to his watch and feels his heart start to race when he thinks about how long she had been unconscious for. It had at least been a minute by now, maybe more. Something was seriously wrong.

Jay shakes her hand once again. "Hailey, come on, wake up."

Adam appeared in the doorway again, now with the phone pressed up against his ear. He slots his foot against the door to prop it open, showing Kevin standing behind him.

"The operator wants to know what happened."

Jay looked up. "How long are they gonna be?"

Adam shrugs. "I don't know. Jay, what happened?"

The detective explains the same things he did to Kim moments before, and Adam repeats it through to the operator on the other end of the phone. It takes another moment before Adam puts his hand over the microphone.

"The ambo's two minutes out." Adam says.

Jay feels himself squeeze Hailey's hand again as he stares up at the officer. "She's still not waking up, tell them to hurry up."