Blacksmith|Get off of my back

Third POV

You were feeding the horses as you pet one of them making it nudge you back in return.

You then heard a loud neigh. You and the horses near you turn to the sound seeing a new horse struggling and being tied up to get nailed and prepared by the blacksmith, Murphy.

The stallion was beautiful. As from what you heard it is a Mustang. It had gold brownish fur and black coloured mane along with its tail. Also had dark brown fur on its snout, the tip of its ears and from knee to paw.

 Also had dark brown fur on its snout, the tip of its ears and from knee to paw

"Alright, Murphy his all yours. Whoa!- He's a wild one."

"Let's how wild he is when I'm done with him."

Murphy chuckled as he approached the horse with a pair of scissors. He went to start cutting the stallion's mane but got his fingers bitten making him grunt in pain. Spirit snort at him cocking its eyebrows daring him.

"You want a fight do ya'?"

Then, the stallion's snout was tied up in a sack as Murphy cuts its mane. Spirit lean to the side hard to the pole making Murphy's bitten fingers break in the process.

As you who were watching from the bench nearby the scene, wince as it happened.

After the mane was cut. Murphy proceed to dig out the dirt from one of the stallion's hoofs but Spirit got his leg out of his hold and kick the man away from behind. Spirit snort a little what sounds like a chuckle.

The horses nearby which were watching snickered at the scene. You shake your head in amusement with a small smile as you feed the horses.

"Make sure that's good and tight."

The stallion's hoof was then tied up. As Murphy was nailing the shoe on it, Spirit lift his back leg as the cadets saw and tried to warn him.

"Murphy look out!"
"Watch out!"

And once again the blacksmith was knocked back by the face as the horses neigh in laughter with Spirit. You giggle along with them as Spirit notice you were watching.

Then all of the stallion's knees are tied as Murphy heats up the branding iron saying 'US'

It made you gasp a bit, knowing how painful it would be to the stallion.

After the metal is heated up, Murphy walked around Spirit to his left side to put the mark.

Before he could, the stallion freed its head making him gasp as Spirit cock an eyebrow before headbutting him unconscious.

You sigh in relief and giggle at the stallion's antics shaking your head. Noticing the horse was staring at you, you wave at it with a smile before lifting a box of apples.

Your smile then vanished when the Colonel came up to them on his horse.

"Corporal, rile up some volunteers to uh... take this animal to the stables."

"Not the stables.", The Colonel announced.

"Sir?...."

"The corral. It's time to break that horse."

Spirit watches as the Colonel approached you and got off of his horse before handing you his horse saying something he couldn't hear. After he spoke, you smile a little hesitant and nodded as he then left you.

You sigh and see the stallion watching. You smile at it once again before leaving.

As the Mustang was brought to the corral, you and the troops gathered there to watch as you in worry for the horse.

The stallion is put in the horses' corner, where the cadets put the equipment on him before a volunteer sits on his back as he struggles to get the man off of him.

Spirit then had another plan as he secretly smirked as the gate to the wide area was ready to open.

In the flash, the Mustang leap out knocking the gate open. As he started jumping around like a bull rodeo (or something?) before headbutting the rider with the back of his head making the man dizzy.

Then he proceeds to spin rapidly and bump the man off of him. As snort at the fallen troop before seeing you watching nearby making you chuckle a little at the scene.

Another volunteer beside you calls out tossing you his hat and winking at you making you smile awkwardly at him.

Spirit snort rolling his eyes as the cadet approached waiting for the challenge.

As the same thing happened, Spirit jumps around and the man ended up being thrown off of him as he smirk and walked away.

The man on the ground shouted an insult (not sure what.) at him making him angry and chased the cadet out of the area as you tossed away the hat of the said man.

One after another, each volunteer was all knocked off of Spirit making you grin in amusement. As he then turns to you raising his eyebrow showing off his skills and making you laugh not noticing the colonel watching you two interact.

Spirit then ran around towards every side of the fences to scare off the troops before stopping right in front of the colonel who didn't move an inch making you worried.

"Sarjen."

"Yes sir!"

"Tie this horse to the post. No food or water. Three days."

This made you go wide-eyed in shock and worry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And.....my first chapter is complete!

I hope you enjoyed it.

Sorry if there are wrong spellings or use of words.

I will update the next chapter soon.