Canyon Chase | Leap of Faith

'bold' for spirit's thoughts (sorry for not mentioning this)

As you and Spirit were lying on grassy land out of the water, Spirit woke up looking around before seeing you lying beside him and made him smile in relief as you were now safe. 

His smile became more expansive as you stir awake blinking your eyes at the sudden sunlight but got used to it as they lit up in happiness seeing the stallion.

"Thank goodness your okay, buddy." 

You said in relief as the stallion stood up and rub his snout against your cheek as you hug him back. You both then pull away at the sound of water splashing nearby as you saw Creek washing his face near the water lake.

You both turn to each other with a grin before slowly approaching the man.

I don't know where he came from or how he got there, but I sure was happy to see him.

Creek on the other hand heard a slight sound nearby as he look around his surroundings but not behind him purposely before going back to drink the water lake. Acknowledging the two, they approach the man from behind a bush and slowly move closer as he drinks.

They both glance at each other in agreement before Spirit pushes the man into the water he yells in shock as the two laugh at him, Spirit neighing in happiness and you laughing with joy as you soon join him into the water.

You all splash water at each other as Spirit runs out of the water with the two humans chasing him. The stallion then ran around the two as they laugh in joy having the best fun of their lives.

Then they stop as you and Spirit stare at Creek with a smile as he returns it.

"I knew I would find you both."

As Spirit approach Creek with trust in his eyes letting the man pat his snout gently. The two then notice you approaching Creek as they pull away letting the woman get closer to the man.

You smile gently at him as he opens his arms welcoming you in a hug. 

"Thank you, Creek. I missed you."

"I miss you too, (Y/n)"

Suddenly, the sound of horses was heard, and a yell of a man as they all turn to the hill seeing a group of scouts and the colonel looking down at them. The colonel looks down at the three with his binoculars before looking up from it in shock.

"I don't believe it."

As you all snap out of it with Spirit whining at the sight of the man.

"Go! Go, Go, Go!"

Creek shouted at the two as they all ran from the army. As gunshots were heard almost hitting Creek as he tripped. You notice him on the ground as you were on Spirit and gasp in worried.

"Creek!"

Spirit neigh in worry running to the man with you helping him up onto the stallion. Creek steady himself behind you as his shock turns into happiness seeing that he is riding the horse as he cheers out in happiness. You both look at him laughing at his expression. But his cheers were cut by the gunshots behind them.

You three then approach an entrance of a canyon as the men chase behind your tail. One of the men caught up to the three as Creek noticed and grabs a long branch and put it in between two walls. The scout ran into it knocking him off his horse as it ran away free Spirit cheered for its freedom as Creek leans onto your back as support laughing in joy at the scene.

Another then came from the rocks above as you then were approaching a rocky bridge. As Creek jumps up rolling onto the pavement before landing behind you again as you crouch yourself onto the stallion by the low height of the bridge. You three then watch the horse behind you knock the soldier off of it by hopping, hitting the man off balance, and falling to the ground as the horses prance away in the joy of its freedom.

Then another soldier came from nearby catching up to the three as Spirit then immediately tries to stop itself in fear of falling off a cliff of the canyon same as the soldier's horse. Spirit then runs to the side trying to speed up as the soldier came up beside them trying to knock the riders off of Spirit. 

Creek got hit and was almost thrown off to the side of the cliff holding onto the stallion as you gasp in fear.

"Creek!"

Creek tries to get back on and successfully did after kicking the soldier off his horse. As you and Spirit cheer for him. Then you came to a dead end as you all heard the other soldiers and the colonel gaining om you.

The colonel and two other soldiers ride to the area only to see you three gone, they look around before seeing the three of you climb up to the side of the large rock to the top.

You all realize there was no escape Spirit tried to go down but was blocked by the soldiers with the bullets nearly hit the stallion. Spirit dodges and started to back up until the end of the rock.

You and Creek were confused by his actions and immediately notice the other side of the canyon as they knew what the stallion is planning.

"Oh no", Creek mumbled in worry.

Oh yes. Spirit thought. 

You took a deep breath to relax as you lean down to rub the stallion's fur in encouragement.

"You can do this, Spirit. I trust you."

Spirit closes his eyes to focus and is ready for the leap before opening his eyes and running to the other end of the rock and leaping in the air. You and Creek cheer as you were in the air while the Colonel and the soldiers watched in shock at the bravery of the stallion.

As Spirit lands the three roll onto the ground off balance before getting up to look at each other in happiness and exhaustion. You all then look towards the soldiers on the other side as one of them aims his gun to shoot but the Colonel stops him making the soldier shocked by the action as the Colonel still staring the three.

The Colonel then nods his head in respect to Spirit with the stallion returning it and bows his upper body to you in approval of your path of life as you bow down in return with a smile on your face. As the team rides away.

You all three look at each other before grinning and cheering in the joy at your freedom and victory. As Creek holds you up in the air with you laughing with a yell as he spins you in joy.

He then puts you down as you grin at each other before Spirit calls out to the two of you to climb onto him making Creek smiles in excitement at the offer as he turns to you for your approval earning a nod towards the stallion in return. The two of you ran to climb onto the stallion as you are now behind Creek, holding onto him as you all ride your way back to your home.

________________________________________________________________________________

And that is the end off this chapter!

We're almost at the end guys. Again thank you so much for the votes and we're nearly at 3k reads.

I hope you guys enjoy the story so far.

Stay tune for more!

Thank you for reading.