The Attack | Childhood story

You were standing on a cliff watching the beautiful view of the land as the wind blew your hair strands.

It's more peaceful living freely than being behind the camp's walls.

"Beautiful isn't it?"

You smile at the voice behind you without turning knowing who it was.

"Yeah... I have never been outside the camp to see this"

Creek came up beside you looking out at the view. He hesitated before asking,

"If I may ask, why were you in a place with those cruel people?"

Your smile fell a bit becoming nervous but sighed.

"Well, it's complicated.....I was abandoned in a forest back when I was a baby crying in hunger. The Colonel found me when he was on patrol and took me in. As I became older he let me train with the rest of the troops until now"

"That's kind of him but.... why did he point the gun at you?"

"He was just threatening me....... I know that he will never kill me like that"

"He will find us, Creek. I don't think we - I have to stay here any longer"

You sit down hugging your knees for comfort.

"Don't worry if he does find you, I will protect you."

He sat down behind you hugging you making you blush at the closeness and smile as you both watch the sunset.

"Thank you for saving me back there. "

"It's not like I'm going to let that happen to you, (Y/N)"

You both turn to each other looking into each other's eyes. He began to slowly lean in as you did the same. Your lips were about to touch before a gunshot was heard all of a sudden making you both separated.

You both stood up and saw a group of soldiers along with the Colonel who was holding his gun in the air riding their horse towards the camp.

"Oh no. They're here."

You both ran to the camp helping the people evacuate as the soldiers destroy the tents. Rain came running towards her owner as you help the elder and children out of the area and the men fight off the soldiers.

One of the soldiers got ahold of you but Rain knocked him out of the way as Spirit came up to you to climb onto him.

Creek leads Rain toward the Colonel to attack as you and Spirit run after to stop them.

"Creek, stop!", you yelled to him as Spirit neigh to warn Rain but it was too late.

The Colonel shot Rain as they both landed in a river. Creek got ahold of rock to stop himself from drifting away as the Colonel aim his gun at him.

"Come on, buddy!"

You and Spirit crashed into the Colonel's horse as he missed the shot and fell. Spirit nodded to Creek to reassure him it was OK as you look to see Rain drifting away from the land.

"Rain! Hang on! Come on, Spirit."

You both ran after the mare as she cried out for help. Spirit got an idea and ran faster until you both were near the edge he jumped into the water with you as you swam up the gasping for air.

Spirit helped Rain stay afloat as your three drifted near a waterfall. He then ahold of her as you three fell off the ledge and land into the water below. That is when you passed out.

Spirit was panting in exhaustion as he look up and see you and Rain passed out on the shore. He ran towards you two in concern but felt a little relief that Rain was still awake as you were still passed out. Rain then whine in pain from the shot as Spirit stayed by her side in comfort.

A few hours later, three soldiers on horses came down and saw the stallion with you beside it.

Spirit snort in warning not to come closer but the two of them got him with the ropes as the other one carried you (still passed out) onto his horse.

Spirit struggles at first but stopped as Rain passed out making him look down in sadness as the soldier got you both away from the area.

Creek was hiding nearby as the soldiers went away with you and Spirit before going down towards his horse comforting her that it will be alright. He looked up with teary eyes as he watched the two of you taken away.

"(Y/N)..."

"You both save my life..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And...The end of chapter 6

Sorry if I have misspelled or used the wrong grammar for this chapter

Sorry if it's been too long for me to update this.

Thank you to those who have voted/read this story and love you guys.

I'm also planning on making a short story or a one-shot next time.

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Bye!