The Meeting | Little Creek

As the day went by the stallion was desperately trying to break free from the rope as you watched in pity from your window.

"It had to be thought a lesson, (Name).",

The Colonel came up behind you brushing your blonde hair gently and taking a strand to put near his face to smell your scent.

"It's a lot smarter than I expected."

You frowned lightly not saying anything making him sigh and walk out of the room.

As night fell, you quietly stood up from your bed and tip-toed out of the room, past your adoptive father's room. You made it out of the cabin seeing the Mustang leaning its head on the post exhausted.

You grab an empty clean bowl and put some water in it. You also took some apples for the stallion, signalling the horses that notice you being quiet as they nickered quietly in response as an agreement knowing you are the kindest person in the camp. Before you approach the fences, you look around for anyone in sight but noting that everyone was asleep made you relief.

Spirit heard a pair of footsteps approaching, lifting his head to see you with something in your hands.

You had to put down the food and water to open the gate carefully not making a sound. You then pick them back up walking towards the stallion who huff in curiosity about why you were here.

Spirit notice the items in his hands were apples and water made him happy to finally have to quench his thirst and hunger.

Once you were two feet near the horse, you put down the apples and the bowl before stepping away a few feet from it to make it comfortable and sat down on the ground smiling at it.

Spirit eyed the items in front of him then at you then back at the items before starting devouring the apples and sitting down. It was quiet at first before you started to speak.

"I'm sorry for what they've done to you.", Spirit's ears perk up by your apology.

"You must be missing your family out  there.... in the wild."

This made Spirit pick his head up to look at you in shock as it was true then look down at the ground in sadness.

"I didn't want to be here either but I had to.....", you gave the stallion a small smile, "I have to admit, you have a lot of spirit for a horse."

Spirit proudly puffed his chest at your words showing you he was proud of it making you laugh quietly the stood up picking up the now empty bowl.

"Well, I guess I'll be going back to sleep now, Goodnight."

You hesitantly try to pet the stallion but decided against it not wanting to make it uncomfortable. You then smile at it before picking up the empty bowl and leaving the post. You wave at it as a good night then head into your cabin. Spirit watches you in interest before going into slumber with a full stomach and quince thirst.

The next morning, you were doing your usual routine around the camp. Taking care of the horses, feeding them, etc except for Spirit since you were not allowed to but successfully giving him some food without being noticed as he secretly ate them made you smile a little.

The day went by, and as it was noon the Colonel was drinking water outside his cabin purposely for Spirit to see as he didn't get any water at all making him wet his tongue in thirst watching the Colonel then put some on his skin.

Colonel notices the stallion watching and raises an eyebrow in amusement making you frown a little from afar.

"We got a hostile!" (Not sure what they said 😅)

Someone yelled in the distance as you, Colonel and Spirit turn to see someone being held by the soldiers.

It was a man with tan skin, and raven long hair tied into ponytails (or pigtails, not sure). He was wearing what look like Indian pants.

As the man was thrown in front of the Colonel as the men laugh at the scene

" Well, what do we have here?"

"We caught him by the supply wagon, sir."

As one of the soldiers pulls the man's head up by the hair to see a better view of his face.

"Ah, a Lakota. Not as tall as the Cheyenne, not as fine featured as the crow. Take him away gentlemen, show him our best."

"Corpo, take this man to the stockades ."

"Not the stockades. The post. No food or water."

That order made you frown as you were near Spirit outside the fence watching as the man was dragged to the post on the other side of the fence.

As he was being shoved the man looked at Spirit before noticing you staring longingly before being shoved and tired up onto a pole near the fence.

As the soldiers left, the man tried to break from his restraints but calmed down before turning his head to Spirit as the stallion just stare at him curiously as to what kind of man was he as he looked different from the soldiers.

The man then started calling him out but the stallion just narrowed his eyes and snorted. The man copied his snort as Spirit immediately turn his back (or butt😂) towards the man and snort at him again. This made you almost laugh as you went back to work.

Then the night came, and you snuck out again getting food and water for Spirit and some for the Lakota as well.

As you approach the post you saw the man making noises looking above the large fences of the camp like he was communicating with someone making you curious. You turn to Spirit who was looking at the man weirdly making you shake your head.

Spirit then notice you and almost galloped in excitement for the food and water as you walk towards him. You shush him making him calm down.

After giving the stallion the food that he immediately started devouring, you saw the man looking at you.

You then approach the man with extra food and a cup of water. You put the items down and went behind him to untie one of his hands so he could eat.

"You are a very kind person"

He suddenly said making you look at him as he ate. You felt a little awkward.

"Uh, thanks, I guess."

After both of them had their stomach full, you stood up and picked up the empty cup and bowl before walking away waving goodbye with a smile Spirit and walking back inside your cabin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the video, I like it when Spirit show his butt in the end.😅😂

Yo, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I'll be updating soon!!