Ending Note

Hello everyone! If you've made it to this point, that means that Eye of the Beholder has officially been completed!

This book was created in the spur of the moment and was more of a fun project than anything. I was stressed over a class and needed something to relieve the stress at the time. I wanted to finish this book before returning to school but couldn't. But I did work on some other stories of mine instead of putting all my effort into this one, so it makes sense why I didn't. I did drop a few hints from PMO in this book, so if you've read that book, you would have caught them.

So how about we move on to my thoughts, yeah?

Briar was created out of nowhere. Kind of just appeared as a random OC while I was studying, and I decided to flesh her out. In a way, she was created to sort of mirror Tomohiro. They do have their differences, but I feel like they have the same vibe overall. But obviously, she is more sheltered, if I can say. She doesn't like leaving her workshop for mundane things, prefers being on her lonesome, and likes solving stuff on her own. She's very hard on herself as well.

Akihiko is still young, and despite being mature, I think it's safe to say that he doesn't know everything, and he will stumble more. I mean, he's still technically a kid. Does anyone else forget that their OCs are just teenagers and throw a bunch of trauma at them for no reason?

But anyway, this story's whole plot was derived from a myth which was Lamity's. I didn't go too in-depth with the ghost because I feel like it wasn't the main point but more like a subplot. In the end, the ghost is looking over the town because he used to be a doctor there. Except his tale was twisted through rumors and mysteries.

Remi was the person that I actually felt was easiest to write to besides Akihiko. I think it was because it's normal to know someone is sick, whether they're family or friends. You eventually have to watch them get sicker until they get better or worse. You can't really do anything for them besides stay with them and try to offer comfort because a disease can ravage the body and effectively tear it apart. Try as you may. You can't truly help them if they're suffering. It doesn't sound kind, but it feels true to me.

I'm not sure. What Remi did was Villain like, but his motive was in good faith. There's only so much a person can take, and well, in a world with superpowers; it doesn't sound too far off to try. I did have a ton of fun researching the illnesses I did include in this book. It was intriguing yet sad at the same time. And I don't see diseases included all that much in writing, so I wanted to try a snippet. I'll possibly try to have more in future works.

Some Facts

✾ Briar was supposed to be referred to as Luce after she was officially introduced. I decided against that since I had already referred to her as Briar for three chapters and thought it would be strange for the sudden shift. Plus, most students refer to their 'mentors' by their Hero names in internships.

✾ This book was supposed to be an arc in Vivid Decadence, but I couldn't figure out how to incorporate it into the timeline since, in the beginning, you learn that Akihiko failed the licensure exam along with Yua. I didn't want to throw it away, so it became its own book. The Tanami and Cashire arcs ended up much longer than I thought they would be in VD. Also, ignoring the fact that I write more than I think I need. Heck, this book ended up being longer than I expected.

✾ Lamity was supposed to be called Larity. My dumb self didn't double-check my notes, and now we are stuck with a name that sounds like it should be a Pokémon. Or at least a haunted lamb. Ghost lamb.

✾ This book was supposed to have six chapters. That didn't happen. Then again, I don't know why I expected to stay that low, considering how I write.

✾ Spyglasses were used by pirates. I just thought the name was cool and went with it.

✾ The phrase was going to be 'Your Value' or Your Desirability," but I felt 'Your Worth' rolled off the tongue better. 'Your Perception' was a contender too.

✾ If you've read Plus Minus One, you might have noticed that Akihiko has become more pessimistic and reckless. Like he had his little bursts of 'I probably shouldn't be doing this, but I'm going to anyway.' Which shouldn't be, considering he's the more 'mature' one among the twins.

So I think that's the end of my thought process. This book was short and sweet and was portrayed how I wanted. I need to go back and edit some things for clarity, but that's a later problem, mostly because I'm too lazy to edit right now.

If you're interested in learning more about Akihiko and his sister, you can read Plus Minus One. It's completed, so you don't have to worry about updates. It's a tad long, but I think it's worth it.

As of right now, my plans would be to continue writing VD and, after like five months, actually start writing To You, I'm indebted again. I will change a few things, but most of the writing will stay the same. I need to fix some things that are bugging me. If you've heard me talk about Spitting Image, a fanfic about entirely different OCs that attend Shiketsu—actually the same class mentioned in the last chapter, maybe expect that in October.

So yeah, thank you for reading Eye of the Beholder, and I hope you continue reading any of my other works.