Anxiety

Paige POV:

It was the day after our win against Tennessee and I finally get to my first class of the day after getting stopped every few seconds for photos and autographs from other UConn students.

That's the one thing I hate about going to class. I have to leave an extra 10-15 minutes early just to account for people coming up to me and asking for photos.

Once I make it to my class I sit down and once again everyone is looking at me. I guess that's one of the downfalls of being a "celebrity." I don't consider myself famous, I'm just a regular college kid just like everyone else. I just so happen to play basketball and be really good at it that it draws attention to me.

I take a deep breathe and get my laptop out for the class. Trying to calm down because I hate the constant feeling of being watched. Shortly after the class begins.

Halfway through the class, I look around and notice most of the students in my class are looking at me. As my leg starts anxiously shaking. I look back up at the professor trying to understand what he's teaching to distract me but it's not working. Then I try to sing a song in my head so I focus on the lyrics instead, but that also isn't working.

I notice my breathing starts to pick up so I quickly put my laptop back in my bag, stand up and walk out of the class as fast as possible and go outside.

I find a bench off to the side and sit down on it resting my elbows on my legs as my hands hold up my head as a I close my eyes and look down at the ground trying to control my breathing, because I can feel a panic attack coming.

"Hey Paige" I hear some girl say from next to me

"Now isn't a good time, I don't wanna be mean but can you please leave me alone" I say trying to keep my voice steady as I still have my head in my hands.

I guess I didn't do a good job or this girl is just ignoring me because the next thing I know she's sitting next to me on the bench.

"Breathe in for 4 seconds" the girl says softly

"What?" I say picking my head up and looking at her, still trying to control my breathing

"Breathe in. 1...2...3...4. And out. 1...2...3...4..." she says calmly as I follow what she says

She does that a couple more times until I notice my breathing go back to normal.

"Thank you" I tell her

"Of course" she says

After sitting there in silence for a couple minutes and just people watching as I get myself to calm down fully, I finally look over at the girl who just stopped me from having a panic attack and notice she's also people watching. Probably so she doesn't make me feel uncomfortable by looking at me.

"What's your name?" I ask looking over her features

"Y/n" (Your Name) she answers turning to look at me

"It's nice to meet you" I reply with a soft smile

"You too" she responds