Long week

Paige POV:

I'm so tired. This past week we have been practicing super hard for 2-3 hours everyday because the Big East Tournament is coming up. And on top of all of that I had two exams this week so I've been spending my entire time studying or practicing and I'm so done. I just want to sleep.

I walk into my girlfriends dorm after practice and see her laying in bed watching some TV. I drop my backpack on the floor and take off my shoes as I head to her room and just collapse into her arms.

"You okay?" She asks as she wraps her one arm around my waist as the other is running her fingers through my hair.

Jordyn and I have been dating for about 8 months now. She plays ice hockey for UConn so she knows exactly how I feel after a long week of practices and school.

We actually met one day when Nika and Azzi decided to drag me to the ice rink, against my will might I add, to go skating with them. They just assumed since I'm from Minnesota that I knew how to skate. But they were very, very wrong.

I didn't spend the winters skating on a frozen pond. I spent them inside my garage dribbling a basketball around.

So, as you could probably imagine, the second I stepped onto the ice I immediately fell down. There should really be a caution sign or something because who knew ice could be this slippery. These hockey players make it look so easy.

Nika and Azzi would just laugh at me every time I fell, you know being the great supportive friends and teammates they are. And eventually I got annoyed that I kept falling because I don't like being bad at things so I just decided to sit on the ice instead, plus it seemed like the more safer option.

Little did I know there was this group of girls watching this whole interaction happen along with all my fails, one of the girls from the group effortlessly skated over to me and introduced herself as Jordyn. She was the prettiest girl I have ever laid my eyes on. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing grey Nike joggers with a white UConn long sleeve shirt on along with real hockey skates on, not these cheap figure skating ones they hand out. And I swear her smile could cause world peace. Like it's a smile that when you see it you just have to smile right along with her even if you have had the worst day ever.

We joked around for a little bit. More like she joked about how she thought I was supposed to be athletic and I tried defending myself saying on solid ground I am, but not on an oval shaped rink of death. But wouldn't let it go.

She then helped me up and tried to teach me how to skate. She grabbed ahold of my hands to help balance me so I didn't fall and at some point even held my waist as well. I eventually started to get the hang of it so she didn't hold me as much, until I "almost" fell then she would grab me again. But I totally didn't almost fall just for her to grab onto me because I liked her touching me so much that it gave me butterflies, nooooo, never. And then yea, the rest is history.

"I'm so tired" I responded in almost a whisper because talking any louder would cause too much energy.

"How about you go shower and change into some pajamas and I'll make us some dinner then we can just chill and have a movie night. Does that sound good?"

"Yea" I respond not moving

"You have to get up then" she says laughing

I groan before rolling off of her and standing up.

"The faster you shower the faster we can lay in bed and not get up the rest of the night" she adds as she stands up and gently holds my waist as I lean my head against her shoulder

"I know" I respond before lifting my head up and softly kissing her lips and heading into the bathroom to shower.

After showering Jordyn and I ate some tacos and then turned off all the lights and crawled right back into bed and under the covers as we put on Finding Dory since Dory is my favorite Disney character.

"Thank you for this" I say as I rest my head on her chest and she puts her arm over me.

"Of course. I know you've had a stressful and busy week. It's the least I could do to hold my girlfriend after a long week" she replies kissing the top of my head softly.

"I love you" I say lifting my head and turning to face her

"I love you too" she says placing a soft kiss to my lips. Which makes my lips curl into a smile which she reciprocates looking down at me.

This is the perfect ending to an exhausting week.