Chapter 4: Introductions

About a week had passed since you managed to save the kid from the New Dynasty soldiers and those two so-called "Visionaries," if what Hermes said was anything to go by, and he still hadn't woken up yet. Whatever it was that happened to him with that golden light show and whatever he could have possibly been through before seemingly took everything out of the little guy.

You had mostly spent your time watching over him alongside Milo, meanwhile explaining everything that happened to Joshua was a mission in of itself, but he eventually just decided to roll with it all. Now both you and Milo were out of the house going to buy groceries and clothes since the kid needed something other than some ragged medical clothes to wear whenever he decided to wake up.

You'd also be lying if it didn't give you a chance to have Milo ride around in this adorable backpack you bought for him, and judging from the look on his happy little face, he was enjoying it quite a bit.

Although due to Dynasty's less than...favorable conditions, things like that were a bit difficult to come by, especially in decent quality, so you had to go to more...alternative places when it came to shopping sometimes. You walked through blocks and blocks of withering buildings and dark alleyways that the sick and starving called their homes not by choice but by necessity to stay alive. You finally stopped as you arrived at your destination, a wall of pure brick just like any other except for the fine silver lines that traced the edges of every stone. To anyone else, they would be none the wiser, but you knew better than that.

Y/N: Ready, buddy?

Milo: Yip! (Yes!)

You smiled and reached for the brick wall before something grabbed your shoulder and turned you around. Milo's eyes instantly turned gray as he began to bark and growl viciously, seeing a gun now pointed directly at your head. You on the other hand, looked like you could not be bothered.

Y/N: "(God are you kidding me with this shit right now, whatever let's just deal with this quickl--)"

You were quickly knocked out of your train of thought as you finally laid eyes on your would-be mugger and...he was just a kid, probably 17-18 at the oldest, his hands shaking violently has desperately tried to keep a steady hold on the gun, his clothes old and worn out the holes in his shirt big enough to catch a glimpse of his malnourished body his ribs visible, his shoes nearly destroyed the soles just about ready to explode from the bottom. He looked tired, almost as if he hadn't slept in days, whether that was from hunger or something else you could only guess.

Teen Mugger: g-g-give me e-e-everything you h-have, or I'll k-kill y-you.

Hearing that last part, Milo's eyes shined even brighter, his hair slowly standing on end as he barked louder and louder. The teen quickly flinched, nearly dropping the gun altogether before quickly catching it and aiming it back at you. You just looked at him with a calming stare, he was scared and tired, maybe even a bit confused at what he was doing right now. He didn't want to be doing this. He didn't ask for any of this, but in his mind...he didn't have any other choice, and you couldn't help but feel bad for him. You slowly lifted your hand up so as not to freak him out even more and softly scratched under Milo's chin to calm him down.