Chapter 6: The First Steps

A/N: I'm just gonna leave this here to avoid any future confusion with the usage of aliases during dialogue segments throughout the chapter and the story.

Y/N = Specter

Joshua = Hunter

Conner = Shadow

—————

Y/N: Alright, listen up and listen close, 'cause I'm only gonna go over all of this once.

The projector slowly flickered to life, casting a dim glow across the room as you felt the anticipation and tension in it rise

The projector slowly flickered to life, casting a dim glow across the room as you felt the anticipation and tension in it rise. The low hum of machinery and the occasional drip of water doing its best to drown it out. You clicked a remote, advancing to the first slide, revealing a satellite image courtesy of a certain tea-loving mad scientist of your precious hell on earth.

Y/N: Dynasty. A lot of things have changed these past two years, and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's responsible for it all.

The slide quickly changed, revealing an all-to-familiar structure. A colossal high-tech skyscraper bathed in an ethereal glow of neon purple and blue lights. The imposing structure seemed to pierce the heavens, its sleek facade adorned with shimmering panels that reflected the vibrant hues in an ever-changing dance of color. Against the night sky, the building's symbol, a massive Key with wings, stood out as its emblem.

 Against the night sky, the building's symbol, a massive Key with wings, stood out as its emblem

Y/N: Janus Industries.

The following slide flashed onto the screen. This time, the projection showed a pristine, utopian cityscape with towering structures with crystalline surfaces that gleamed in the sunlight, their reflective facades creating a mesmerizing skyline. Lush greenery adorned every available space, from rooftop gardens to suspended parks that seemed to defy gravity. The city below seemed to hum efficiently, showcasing a meticulously planned urban landscape. Clean streets devoid of litter or debris, sleek electric vehicles gliding silently, and an intricate network of transparent walkways connecting the towering skyscrapers. The air appeared crisp and pollution-free, thanks to advanced environmental technologies that kept the atmosphere pristine.