Chapter 5 • Confrontation

Unedited

ENJOY!

🗝️

*****

THE MEETING...

"Miss Regina, magsisimula na ang meeting mo in 5 minutes" my secretary said as she entered my office with a file. I was immediately pulled out of my thoughts.

"I just found out po na isa sa dalawang kameeting mo po today ay ang senior ng Darna Corp" nauna na ito sa meeting room matapos iabot ang files na kakailanganin mamaya.

"Darna corp?" Bulong ko sa sarili. Nakakapagtaka naman, ano bang kailangan nila sa firm namin?

.....

Regina's POV

Nag ayos ako ng sarili bago tumayo at naglakad papuntang meeting room. Hindi ko alam kung bakit pero may kaba akong nararamdaman sa bawat hakbang na aking ginagawa.

Some employees greeted me on my way. I nodded my head at them, not uttering a word.

The meeting room isn't that far from my office.

Agad akong nakarating dito.

I took a breath and fixed myself one last time. "Let's get this over with" I murmured before pushing the black fancy door open.

A slight creak was heard and the few murmurs inside subsided.

I stood on the door.

Frozen.

The moment I stepped in this room, the moment my eyes met hers, I regretted coming to work.

Everything that had happened was replayed in a flashback.

Her?

Why is she here?!

How could she just sit there and stare me down as if she'd never given me hell?

Ang kapal ng mukha niyang magpakita pa ulit saakin.

My hands where shaking.

From what? Anger? Pain? Sadness? Fear? I don't know and I don't care. All I want is for her to leave the firm.

Everyone in the room was staring at me. My mind went blank, and my breath became thicker. I was having a lot of anxiety, and to make matters worse, everybody was looking straight at me. Weak.

"Miss Vanguardia? Regina? Are you okay?" someone inquired. I recognized the voice. Varie's concerned tone called out to me.

Even if we are best friends, formality is still essential at work especially important meetings.

Her voice was concerned, and I could tell.

Of course she's concerned; she knew everything and was there to witness everything that had happened. She must have been almost as surprised as I am to see her in this room.

I struggled to respond with all the last vigor I had. "I- Uh, actually. No. Um I'm sorry and p-please excuse me," dali-dali akong umalis sa kwartong iyon.

It definitely must have seemed pitiful, but what else could I do?!

I'm in the very same room as the woman who has wrecked my life. I needed to get out of there and calm down.

Dinala ako ng mga paa ko sa C.R.

Napatingin ako sa salamin. Tinignan ko ng mabuti ang sarili kong mukha. Halata ang pamumula sa halo-halong emosyong nararamdaman.

After 5 years. 5 fucking years.

Nandito siya ulit. I saw her again.

All of the agony and misery returned in an instant.

I simply just want to get home and cuddle with my baby. She's all I needed right now.

Sinusubukan kong pakalmahin ang sarili at iniisip na lamang na kasama ko ang anak ko. This is all I can do right now to calm myself.

I rushed to the nearest stall as I heard footsteps outside the door. I paced back and forth inside for a time before hearing the door open and close again.

Looking at her for so long was a mistake. Nearly hidden memories resurfaced during that eye contact.

When I felt there was no one outside, I eventually stepped out of the stall.

"I knew you'd be here."

I was taken aback when I heard that voice. A voice far too familiar.

"Regina, please talk to me. I'm sorry. I know what I did, but please just hear me out f-," she begged.

"You knew I despised liars and especially cheaters, and yet, as if mocking me, you did both." I said with seething resentment. "Are you really sorry tho? At tingin mo kaya ng sorry mong ayusin ang lahat ng ginawa mo?"

"Regina... Angel-"

"Don't call me that," I replied. "You're nothing more than someone I met with; let's be formal and pretend we don't know anything about each other; after all, that's what you wanted, right?" I muttered and exited the room.

I didn't give her a chance to speak more lies once more.

I took a deep breath as I left the comfort room. It was stifling inside, suffocating. I know I wouldn't be able to manage it even if I tried; I'm still in sheer shock. Everything is going too fast.

Naglakad ako at tumigil nang medyo malayo na ako sa C.R.

Pilit kong kinokontrol ang aking paghinga at mga luha. Nakapatong ang aking kamay sa aking bigbig upang hindi makakuha ng atensyon sa mga taong dadaan. Kaya naman nagulat ako ng may marinig na boses mula sa tabi.

"Hey, Miss Vanguardia, you seem like you're going to collapse. Where's your office, I'll help you get there to rest muna. We can reschedule the meeting if you'd like."

When I turned around, I noticed a tall, lean, gorgeous, and classy-looking woman. Hindi ko ito kilala pero mukhang kilalang kilala naman ako nito. Hindi ko ito pinansin. Umiwas ako ng tingin at tumalikod rito.

Nang hahakbang na sana ako para lumayo rito nanginig ang tuhod ko at matutumba na sana. Ngunit sa laking gulat ko, mga kamay na hawak hawak ang bewang at kamay ko ang naramdaman ko imbis na sakit sa katawan.

"You're so stubborn. I said tell me where your office is, or should I just ask every person on the hallway while carrying you?" Madiin nitong sabi habang nakatingin ng maigi sakin.

Who the hell is she? She's acting as if she's superior to me.

I rolled my eyes and tried to stand up on my own, but her grip tightened even more. "Bitawan mo nga ako," naiinis kong sabi.

"What the fuck are you doing to her?" Isang galit na boses ang narinig mula sa kabilang banda.

Pareho kaming napatingin ng 'di ko kilalang babae sa pinagmulan ng pamilyar na boses.

"Hindi ba sinabi niyang bitawan mo siya" sabi ni Narda habang nakakunot ang noong naglalakad palapit saamin.

While she's approaching I was getting more nervous. "I- let's get going. M-my office is just around the corner" I tugged on the strange woman holding me.

I noticed her smirk towards Narda, never saying anything but smiling knowingly. I rolled my eyes again at her, but let her carry me. Thank god no one was in the hall, and my office is already very close.

While being carried by the woman, I took a quick glance behind and noticed Narda visibly shaking in rage behind us.

I recognize that menacing glare. She's pissed... REALLY PISSED.

Pero ano bang pake ko kung galit siya. As if may magagawa naman siya.

*****

Thoughts?

Dapat nung sunday ko den to ipupublish eh para 2 chaps sana, kaso naubusan na ko time ayusin at tapusin HAHA yun lng naman skl HAHAHA

🗝️