Chapter 7 • Just A Talk?

Unedited

ENJOY!

🗝️

*****

"How are you feeling? Hindi na ba masakit ulo mo?" Tanong ni Narda ng makaupo sa tabi ng higaan ko.

Hindi ako umimik at tinitigan lang siya ng masama.

I'm not sure how long it's been, pero nag-aalala ako para kay Angela. I promised to be there when she woke up, but I couldn't because I'm stuck here. She must be very upset by now; I just hope Manang can calm her down while I deal with this crazy woman from my past.

"Oh, don't be like that, my angel, I just want to talk," she said as she approached. She reached for my hand, but I snatched it before she could touch me.

"Leave me alone Narda. You already got your riches, what more do you want from me!?" Hindi ko mapigilang mapataas ng boses sa galit.

"I- ... I'm sorry for lying before. I'm sorry for-" hindi ko na siya pinatapos sa pagsasalita.

"Sorry? That's it? Pwes sorry den pero wala ng halaga sakin yan Narda. I pleaded with you not to abandon me for her. I begged you to stay, to fix whatever made you less interested in me. I was willing to change, to adapt, I was willing to do everything you wanted. Pero pinili mo ang babaeng hindi ka naman kayang ipaglaban. You chose her despite the fact that she left you because you were poor. Eh ako? I was there to help you, I did everything I could for you. Nanunumbat ba ako? Yes I fucking am. I thought you loved me, but maybe it was my money you loved and the privileges you got when you where with me." Sumbat ko sakanya. Matagal ko ng kinikimkim ang nakaraan na ito and finally I got to lash out even just a little. It felt amazing.

"I didn't cheat. I didn't- I never got back with her. After you cut ties with me, I knew I had to explain. When I tried to enter your building to speak with you- to explain, the guards threw me out. I was told you banned me from entering. I tried to reach out in different ways, even using the money I thought I earned and won. Regina... Angel, I know the money I won wasn't mine, I found out you switched out our tickets and let me take the money because I needed it. And even after I gained money and power as a result of you, that power was insufficient to reach you. So, after numerous attempts to reach you, I decided to leave to start my own firm. To be like you. That way, I'll be able to reach you easily. And guess what, I did reach you. That's why you're here in the first place. Regina Angel Vanguardia, I adore you, I love you. I'm sorry for everything i've done in the past, for ignoring you, for being cold, for betraying your trust, and especially for breaking your heart. I was imbibed with greed when I finally became rich and powerful, and it was too late when I realized you were the only one I needed in my life," she leaned in her face inches before me, I could see the sincerity in her eyes, but I also felt something off, something different that I'd never felt from her before.

"You're a few years too late, Narda, so just let me go home. Hinihintay ako ng anak ko," I gulped nervously, trying to appear tough.

A deep breath was heard.
"Who's the bastard?" Biglaang gigil na tanong ni Narda. Bumalik ito sa pagkakaupo ng maayos at nakatingin saakin ng nakakatakot.

"Excuse you! My daughter is not a fucking bastard!" Galit kong sigaw dito.

Umiling naman ito bago muling nagsalita "I meant the father. Sinong ama ng anak mo. I did a research but you never dated anyone after me. So who is it? One night stand?" She tried to pry.

"It's none of your damn business, Narda, kaya pauwiin mo na ako. I have nothing else to say nor discuss with you! I swear to god if you don't let me go I will seriously press charges against you once I get out of here!"

A few minutes passed in complete silence. While I'm looking down on the sheets, I can feel the intense look she's giving me.

With a deep breath and a gulp. I rose to my feet. I didn't look at her as I walked steadily towards the door. But before I could even turn the knob, I was being pulled and pushed forward on the wall.

"Don't leave me. I don't care if you have a daughter with someone else; I'll love her just as much as my own; just please stay with me; I want you back, Angel," I heard Narda whisper on my ear, using my second name which she used to love calling me.

I tried to push her back, but she was pushing me too far ahead. "Say yes, and I'll let you go," desperadang sabi nito, her grip becoming increasingly agitated.

"No!" Sigaw ko habang nagpupumiglas.

"How about I rephrase my proposal, I think this one will make you say yes..." she continued, "...Say yes and I will not harm a strand of your daughter's hair, I'd gladly take care and love her, just fucking take me back" Her grip loosened slightly but not enough to allow me to leave.

This made my heart stop.

Hindi ako makakapayag na may mangyaring masama sa nagiisa kong anak. "Narda hwag naman ganito. She's my everything"

"And your MY everything" sagot ni Narda.

"You know what you have to do" sunod sa sambit nito ng may ngiti sa labi.

*****

Thoughts?

🗝️