Epilogue

Hannah

I'm finally eighteen. The age of freedom.

And there's only one thing I can think of to do today.

Bradley set the whole thing up for me and I was actually pretty excited. I was nervous too, but mostly I was excited.

Bradley drove us in the car to our location and we went in.

Several hours later and we were done. Bradley held my hand the whole time and I was so excited to finally see the result.

"I'm nervous," I said to Bradley. He squeezed my hand and looked down to me. "Don't be, it looks amazing."

I smiled and walked over to the mirrors. Looking over my shoulder, I saw the long sword going down my spine.

I had the tattoo artist mix in some of my dad's ashes and put this sword on my back. It represents who I am.

I am strong.

I pushed through.

I am a champion.

And now I will have this as a reminder of who I am and how I became this way.

Bradley came up behind me and kissed my shoulder.

"I love you so much," he said. He had become addicted to saying those words in the past few months.

"I love you so much too," I responded.

Bradley put my shirt on and swept me into his arms.

"I can walk," I told him. My back was a little sore, but I was fine.

Bradley smirked down at me. "I know."

I giggled and let my man carry me off into the sunset.