The Council ⚪️

There comes a time in every girls life where she must come an adult, a woman. I've read of many cultures long since past rituals of girls becoming women. From tattoos, to child birth, parties, ceremony's of survival, the list goes on and on. Some seem joyful others painful some both. So what am I to do?
  I turn 20 tomorrow and so my ceremony will take place as the sun sets. It's a very symbolic time ie the sun is setting on my childhood and when it again rises I will be a woman. I will be presented to the council of Alphas so that they may determine if I am a mate to one of their pack. If I am they will be able to identify it through smell and I will be taken away from my family to live with the wolf that is considered my mate. I'd much rather get a tattoo then go through the stress of possibly never seeing my family again.
  I'd thought of running however decided I couldn't do that to my family. They would be penalized from my actions and I would most likely be hunted down, most runaways were always hunted down. The boys go through a similar process as the girls but it is rare for a girl to be picked and even rarer for a boy. Most wolves found mates in their pack or other packs near their own. That is what I planned to tell myself tomorrow, that it was so rare for a human to be picked it surely could not happen to me.
  My family had told me the same however I could tell that they were nervous for me if the random hugs and a faint touch indicated anything. Living under werewolf rule for lack of a better word sucks. The creatures are stronger, faster, smarter and although they were forbidden to hurt us, they are still intimidating. I'd gone to school with a few a recent development as the Alpha's pushed to "unite the humans" in with the pack. Sure, technically us humans were part of the respective pack of the Alpha that ruled the territory we resided in but I couldn't feel farther from that fact.
  The Alpha's I'd be seeing tomorrow were all male and terrifying. I'd only ever met my territories Alpha, Alpha Asland, and he was about 7 feet tall with a huge frame and stern features. He could easily kill me if he wanted to, it seemed he could kill anyone if he wanted to. So, meeting other Alphas that were most likely as big as him if not bigger was a scary thought. It was only four Alphas but still, I did not want to go.
  I just had a sinking feeling in my stomach something was going to go wrong, and boy was I right.

Hello Readers,

I've written a few fan fictions (not posted) but I am still a fairly new writer. I'm always up for constructive criticism and would really appreciate some comments on what you think as the story goes on. I have a few chapters already written I plan to release every few days (at least at first) and I promise to try and stay consistent with updates.
Thank you, I hope you enjoyed this introduction! Chapters will be longer fyi.

~Rosemary