Alpha Sorren ⚪️

"You will enter the room alone and bow your head, making eye contact when not spoken to is disrespectful. You will then answer any questions asked with honesty and be polite, do you understand?" The Beta that stood before me was enormous. I had never met her before, but she was apparently the Beta of my pack. I looked up at her uncertainly "Yes." I nodded. "Good. You have a few moments, I will bring you to the room when they are ready." The Beta disappeared and I turned to my parents. "Do I look okay? My hands are shaking." My Mom had tears in her eyes and I knew my Dad would too as soon as I was out of sight. "You look beautiful. Don't be afraid we all went through this. It will be over before you know it." I nodded to my Mom not trusting my voice due to my nerves.
"I'm making you your favorite pasta tonight, alright kiddo?" I nodded a nervous laugh caught in my throat. "Sounds good Dad." I hugged both of them and it was time to go. I turned to the Beta who nodded once at me. My fingers were intertwined with my Moms tightly. I almost cried out as they twisted apart when I walked away, I was now on my own.
The ceremony took place at the meeting house, every territory has one. The building is grand with large marble steps and grey granite walls with opulent fixtures and furnishings. I followed the Beta down a long hallway and now stood infront of two wooden doors. I smoothed my hands nervously over my pale blue dress. I hated dresses and although it is customary to wear white to these ceremonies I refused. It was a small act of defiance as the fabric was so pale it could be defined as white. I knew however with wolves eye site they would see it. Although I could not speak out against an Alpha I figured this could speak for me.
The doors were pushed open and I stepped into the room seeming to ignore the Beta's words as my eyes roamed the large table infront of me. My gaze me with Alpha Asland's before I dipped my head back down. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears and I knew these creatures could as well. "Calla Poalto, Today you turn 20?" I wanted to state the obvious, I didn't come here to do this on my own accord. "Yes." I settled on saying surprising myself. My voice sounded more confident then I felt. "You live in Alpha Asland's territory." It wasn't a question but a statement "Yes." I said again. "Are you planning to stay in his territory for the coming years?"
  "Yes." I answered again. "Have you-" the questions were haulted by the sound of a chair scraping against the marble floor of the opulent room. My breath caught in my throat, what was happening? Was this normal? I could see dress shoes come into view as a voice spoke, this one deeper than the last. "You are not wearing white." The voice said startling me, but I allowed my eyes to wander up to the wolf that spoke those words. My eyes dragged up his body which was clad in dress pants and a dress shirt, both of which fit him wonderfully. His jaw was sharp with dark stubble dotting it. His hair was down to his ears in waves and equally as dark. The Alpha's features were structured and his eyes were as dark as night I could barely tell the difference between his iris and his pupil. "No." I stated watching as his jaw clenched.
  He stopped less than an arms length away from me and I looked up at him in confusion. Suddenly, he took a step closer to me and leaned down inhaling deeply as he did so. The Alpha bent down so that his face was right next to mine. I was acutely aware that his mouth was dangerously close to my neck. He inhaled deeply and I flinched but other wise stood unmoving.
  "Sorren?" One of the Alphas called out. That must be the large man before me. "Sorren, brother?" Footsteps of someone else sounded behind the wolf. Suddenly I was in the corner of the room blocked from view by the Alpha before me. My panic began to rise and my breathing became uneven as I realized what was happening, I was the mate to someone in his pack.
  The growl that resonated in his chest scared me and I wanted nothing more than to melt into the wall behind me. His massive arms caged me in and his chest touched mind with every uneven breath I took. "Sorren." The voice was sterner but it seemed the speaker had backed up giving the Alpha before me space. I wanted so badly to speak but my words failed me. I had no idea what was happening and my last few moments of ignorance I wanted to spend in bliss. "She is mine." My eyes widened at his words. "She is my mate." When my eyes met his, they were no longer dark brown but glowing red. I couldn't be made to be with this wolf, I feared I wouldn't survive it.
  "We will notify the family and give you space brother." My words finally came back to me as my family was brought into the conversation. "I want to see them!" Alpha Sorren growled at my words. "I want to talk to them!" My eyes began to become blurry with tears. "Don't touch me!" I gasped as his hand raised up to catch a stray tear. My hand pushed away his own, which I am sure he let me move, and that surprisingly seemed to of sobered him. He took a step back from me and swallowed thickly as he squeezed his eyes shut. I remained standing where I was afraid to be in the same predicament I was moments ago if I moved.
  When his eyes opened again they were brown. "You may talk with your parents to say goodbye." My eyes were wide "I don't want to leave them." I shook my head. "I know that you have been taught this, now that we have met we may not be apart. It will be painful to the both of us." I couldn't believe what was happening to me "I don't care, I'll be fine I just-" he cut me off "Calla." His look was scathing. "You may say goodbye."  I clenched my jaw and took a step forward. When he didn't move I made my way to the door and began back down the hallway to where I left my parents. Alpha Sorren was on my heels as I entered the room observing the other Alphas surrounding my parents as my Mother sobbed. My Dad wrapped his arms around her with a distraught look on his face. "Calla!" My Mom gasped making her way to me quickly. I embraced her tightly as her legs almost buckled beneath her. I decided in that moment that I had to be strong for her and my Dad. If I broke down now, it would be all the worse for them. This was my situation until I could figure out another solution. So, for now I wrapped myself in a layer of anger and hugged my Mom for perhaps the last time. My Dad soon joined us embracing both me and my Mother. "It's okay mom. I'll be alright." My Mother was inconsolable. "My baby," she whispered over and over again "Not my baby." My Dad and I looked at each other and then he looked over my shoulder to the Alpha behind me. "You are her mate?" My Dad's voice turned cold. "Yes. I am Alpha Sorren and your daughter will be coming with me to Silver Springs." My Dad stepped around me and my Mom. "If you hurt her, I will kill you." The Alpha growled "You dare speak to me like that?" His tone was pure rage and I could see where this was going. As much as I did not want to leave, I knew staying here would only end in disaster. "She is my daughter!" My Dad raised his voice and so did the Alpha, although he didn't yell his tone dripped with authority "The law states-" my Dad now yelled "Damn the law! She is my daughter!" And now the Alpha answered "She is mine." He took a step towards my Father and I spoke up. "Please stop. Both of you." The attention of the room turned to me. "Mama," I said trying to remove her from me. "No!" She gasped as I stepped out of her grasp. "Mama." I said causing her gaze to meet mine "It's okay. Let me go." I walked over to my Dad and wrapped my arms around him "I will be fine." I looked to Alpha Sorren and then back to my family "I will visit as soon as I can." And with that, I stepped towards Alpha Sorren who was still fuming.
"Are you going to take me or not?" I glared. Alpha Sorren reached out and grabbed my arm tightly pulling me to him. "Let's go. Alpha Asland, make sure these two make it home." He gestured to my parents. "Their words are excused, I understand this can be an emotional time." And with that I was taken out of the room. My hands were shaking as I was led towards a car with the sound of my Mother's cries echoing through my mind. At least they were safe, I was unsure what would've happened to them if Alpha Sorren hadn't spoke up and pardoned them as anti-Lycan speech is punishable with prison time.
Although they were safe, I couldn't stem my thoughts about them and think about my current situation. That was acceptance, and I couldn't accept anything with the hope of escaping