2. Kissing Him

*NOT EDITED*

His hands remained rested on my cheeks for a little while after removing my mask, but eventually regained his composure after noticing the ever-growing line and the large number of people forming behind us. Glancing around frantically, my mate handed the clipboard he was someone to his left, almost jabbing it into the guard's chest.

 "Take care of this, will you?" he said, with such a commanding tone. Is my mate a high ranking member of Blood Venom? Who is this man? My wolf wasn't responding to him as though he is the Alpha, but he definitely exuded power. 

Without notice, he grabbed my hand and said, "Come with me." 

"Mason!" I heard a loud voice and once I located the person with the voice, I realized that she was referring to my mate. Mason, it suits him. But a pang of jealousy formed in me. Who was this beautiful woman and why was she calling out to my mate? I saw that he made eye contact with her quickly and the jealous feeling in my stomach intensified. Look at me, Mason, not her. I know she's pretty, but I'm here not there. I almost shocked myself with how I was reacting to my mate even looking at another beautiful woman, who obviously knows him well. I guess that's the effect of the mate bond, maybe, or I'm just crazy. 

"That's her!" He said to her with such excitement. 

She beamed back at him. Okay, obviously she's not a threat. He told her about me, and he was excited to do so. 

"Come on," he said leading me away from the crowd to a much more secluded area. 

I tried keeping up with him, but my dress was long, I was wearing heels, and it felt like if we go any faster, I was going to trip over my dress and faceplant into the rough pavers lined by what I can only assume is green grass. However, my color vision wasn't the best at night. 

I think he noticed that I was struggling because he lifted me into his arms, and then took me behind the biggest tree trunk he can find.. He set me back down on my feet, but I was almost going to tell him to keep holding me, because I preferred being in his arms. 

"Hi," he said with a smile, as he played with a strand of my hair. 

"Hi," I replied back, dropping my gaze a bit, all of a sudden feeling a bit self conscious. 

"I'm Mason, beta of the Blood Venom Pack," he introduced himself officially. I was shocked that he said that. I would tell he was a high ranking wolf, but I had no idea he was the freaking Beta. 

"I'm Victoria, but you can call me Vicky, or Tori, or whatever you want really," I start to blabber. 

"How about I call you the love of my life?" He answered with a grin. 

"I think that would work, honestly," I grinned back. 

My back was to the tree and his body was so close to mine, I could feel the heat coming off him. He kept inching himself closer to me, and my body was drawn to him just the same. 

"God, you're even more beautiful that I imagined, and I don't know how that's possible," he whispered into my ear. His soft words send shivers down my spine, and in that moment I felt like I was floating. If only his lips were touching my skin instead of teasing me like that. 

I couldn't handle that he was so close, but yet felt so far. So, I moved my face, and kissed him, with a wanting and a need that I didn't know was built up inside me. I think he was a bit shocked at first by how forward I was, and the electric shocks that were passed between us didn't go unnoticed. But, within a few seconds he had adjusted to my attack on his lips and he was kissing me with just as much passion. It was everything that I imagined it would be and more.  Everything that was happening was better that I dreamt it.

"I wish I can say you're the man of my dreams, but I would be lying. You're a thousand times better than that," I confessed to him, as I ended our kiss. 

I noticed that his face was still partially covered by his mask, and without a second thought, I untie it from the back, noticing how soft his curls were, and remove it from his face. 

We stare at each other for a while, discovering that we are exactly what we both needed, before leaning in for another kiss, and meeting each other in bliss again. He was spectacular, everything about him was, and I couldn't believe he was all mine. His hands travelled down the side of my body, to my ass and he gripped it, before bringing his arms lower and grabbing the backs of my thighs and lifting me up so I was straddling him. I was so thankful in that moment that I picked a dress with a leg slit, which allowed certain movements. He pressed my back deeper into the tree trunk as he help me up and continued kissing me so fervently. It wasn't the most comfortable feeling on my back, but I couldn't care less because his lips were perfect. The way he was kissing me was perfect, and if I could freeze this exact moment in time forever, I would do so in a heartbeat. 

We finally pull away and rest out foreheads against each other. 

"There's so much I want to know about you, starting with how you taste," he says. 

I giggled feeling a blush creep onto my face. "We just kissed, you know exactly how I taste." I answer back. 

"No, baby, I meant I want to taste you everywhere," he says suggestively and the blush on my cheeks grows a deeper shade of red when I discover what he actually meant. 

"Oh," was all I can say in response. 

"Come on, let's go somewhere a bit more private," he said, before he directed me to what looks like his room in the pack house, and made love to me for the first time in our forever.