3. Trusting Him

I woke up to light feathery kisses on my cheek going down my neck, and while I usually hate being woken up, I wouldn't mind being woken up like this for the rest of my life. I smiled a bit, and let out a giggle when I felt a little nibble on my neck. 

"Good morning," I heard the sexiest voice ever say. 

"Morning," I said with a smile as I nuzzled deeper into him and brought our bodies impossibly closer to each other. Our bodies fit perfectly together, and he felt so perfectly warm that I didn't want to ever leave this bed. 

"I'm sorry I woke you up, but it's almost 10 AM, and I have some Beta duties I have to get started on," he explained. 

"Certain events were exhausting last night. I earned the right to sleep in," I smiled, tracing my finger up and down the center of his chest between his fabulous pecs. He laughed, and that has to be my favorite sound in the world.

"Keep doing that, and we'll have a repeat of last night," he whispered into my ear before gently biting my  ear lobe. It feels like heaven, and I definitely don't want him to stop. 

"Is that a threat or a promise?" I asked, genuinely wanting him to ravish my body the way he did last night again. 

"A promise, baby," he said, as I continued tracing my fingers down his abdomen, feeling his perfect abs. In return, he kissed the mark on my neck, which sent shivers down my spine. I reach up to touch it, feeling the healed, but scarred, skin. 

"I want to mark you," I said factually before straddling his waist and placing both palms on his chest. His back was to the mattress, while I sat up. And for the first time since I met him, I felt like I had total control. After last night's events, I was entirely naked, so as I lay on top of him, my boobs are in his perfect line of vision. Yet, I wasn't feeling self-conscious in front of him at all. I had never really been comfortable with my nakedness, but something about the way Mason looks at me, makes me feel like I am the rarest diamond in the world and he has been mining for it for centuries. The way his eyes soften when he looks at me makes me feel like I am the first breath of air after he has been suffocating for years. Like if he blinks I might disappear and he wants to engrave every aspect of my existence into his mind.  

"I would love nothing more that that, but I really have to go take care of a few things. The next few days are going to be a huge deal at Blood Venom," he rejected my advances, but he gave me a pained expression, and what looked like guilt, as he did so. I really wanted to complete the mating process with him fully but I think it will have to wait for now. He is Beta, and he has responsibilities to his pack. 

"Okay," I responded. I tried not to sound too upset but I think the disappointment laced my voice. He placed his hands on my hips, and the heat from his hands sent hot pulsations to my core. He sat up so now he was staring deep into my eyes. His vibrating between gold and brown as he battled with his wolf for control. 

"Just give me 2 days, and then you can do whatever you please. I'm all yours. I just need some time. Trust me, please." 

Before I had time to respond, we heard a light knock on the door. Startled, I hopped off him and scrambled to cover myself up with the blanket. In the mean time, he quickly put pants on and went to open the door. I think he recognized the scent of the person before he opened the door because he wasn't surprised to see her. I, on the other hand, was starting to feel an unexplainable amount of anger go through me. Who is this girl, and why is she interrupting my time with my mate? These new feelings of anger and jealousy were something I didn't understand. I tried taking a few breaths to calm myself down but when I saw her stare at him shirtless, I felt like I wanted to gouge her eyes out. What's wrong with me, and why is the mate bond making me feel so erratic when it comes to him. I am not normally like this. I got out of bed, wrapped myself in the blanket and stood beside him, which finally got the girl to talk. 

"Hey Mason," she said, looking a bit nervous. I take a good look at her. Is there something going on between them? It can't be, she looks so young, most likely mid-teens and Mason is an adult man. My mate wouldn't do that. Or would he? I don't really know anything about him. 

"What's up, Corrine?" he responds, flashing a smile to her, and simultaneously, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. 

"Um, I don't mean to interrupt but I am trying to find my sister's room and I think I got lost because I am on this side of the pack house," she explains. A small blush coats her cheeks as she finally looks away from Mason's naked chest.  

"I can take you to her room, if you'd like," he offers. 

"That would be awesome." 

Mason places his lips on my forehead and tells me that he will be back with some breakfast before heading out of the room to take Corrine to see her sister. I will need some explanation about who these people are later. Right now, my man has something he needs to do and I desperately need to relieve my bladder. 

"Is that your mate?" I hear Corrine's fading voice in the hallway. 

"Sure is!" Mason responds, and I can hear the grin in his voice. 

"She's pretty." Corrine states, and a small smile graces my face at the interaction. 

"She's angelic." He counters, leaving my heart beats to match the fluttering from the butterflies in my stomach. 

I closed the door behind them, drop the blanket off my body and get dressed in my panties and Mason's shirt. Since the only other option would be my dress from last night. I used the bathroom, completed my morning routine and just as I was about to lay back in bed and open Mason's laptop for some Netflix, an aggressive knock reverberates through the door. This can't possibly be Mason: 1. I don't smell his scent beyond the door and 2. there is no way he would be this aggressive with the door knowing I am at the other side. 

"Mason, you're late. Meet me in the office in 2 minutes," the commanding voice stated. 

I had no idea what to do. Whoever was behind that door meant business and my wolf was responding to his authority. Since I was just mated to a Beta, the only possible male person who would outrank me now in Blood Venom and address the Beta of this pack with such a command would have to be the alpha. 

I didn't know what to respond or what to say. I didn't know if anything I say would get Mason in trouble. And I didn't know what sort of relationship Mason and his Alpha had. Usually the Alpha and Beta are inseparable and best friends. But Blood Venom is a pack that nobody messes with for a reason. 

"I can fucking smell you in there and there's no way you're asleep this late. Don't ignore me."

Again, I didn't know what to say. He was sounding more aggravated by the second, and the last thing I wanted was to be in the room alone with the angry Alpha of the Blood Venom pack. Mason, please come back soon. I haven't marked him yet, so I didn't know how to mind link with him. I haven't shifted yet either so I don't think it's even possible at this point. I don't know how strong the mate bond is, but I'm hoping it's enough for him to sense that I am feeling scared. 

My lack of response was not what the Alpha was expecting, because the next thing I know, the door was flung open and he was walking into the room before his eyes connected with me and turned gold.

A/N: Sorry this is late, but here it is! Happy Valentine's Day, my loves.