Chapter 5

Imagination is the golden pathway to everywhere

I walked over to Jackson after he tried to win against the werewolf. Which might honestly be a little impossible. It actually looks like a fun sport though. I enjoyed watching them play. Maybe Jackson can teach me how to play someday. 

"Hey, you were great out there." I tell him as I went to stand next to him. 

He looks at me unsure, "I missed that shot." he says while looking away from me. 

Is he really that mad about missing one shot? 

"Well yes, but you scored all the other ones." I say while walking towards his car. 

"Yeah, I guess I did." he said as he grabbed his keys out of his bag and unlocked the car. 

"Let's get you to the hospital," he smiles while opening the car door for me. 

"Thank you." I say getting in the car. 

Even though I prefer Stiles's jeep, I do have to say that it's a really nice car.

"Did something happen to your car?" he asks me after a while of driving in silence. 

I knew that question was coming. I can't tell him I can't drive anymore, can I? That would be weird. I just need to take a quick driving lesson and then it'll be fine. 

"Ehh..yeah. My-my car broke down this morning when I left to go to school." I quickly stutter out an excuse. 

He looks over at me, "How did you get to school? Did someone pick you up?"

I didn't even think about calling someone to pick me up. I mean I don't know any people here. Who should I have called? 

"N-no, I walked to school." I say while fiddling with my sleeves. 

He looks at me in surprise. 

"You walked to school? Why didn't you call me?" he asks me. 

That's also something I need to get used to. I'm used to always taking care of myself. I didn't even think about calling someone. 

"I don't know, I didn't really think about calling someone. I actually liked walking to school. It was nice." I tell him.

Jackson looks concerned at me. "You need to be careful, okay? There was a body found in the woods last night. I don't want you to get hurt." he says as he grabs my hand. 

"I know, but I didn't know how else to get there." I say as I started feeling that tingling feeling again. 

"Don't worry about your car for now, okay? I'll drive you from now on." he said while giving me a smile. 

He pulls up at the hospitals parking lot. While looking out the window I notice a bus stop in front of the hospital. Oh, of course. Why didn't I think of that earlier. I could've just taken the bus. I'm such an idiot.