Chapter 13

Sometimes just being there is enough

Here we are. The day Kate Argent is back in Beacon Hills. How fun is that?

That means Derek was shot and he's coming to school today asking for help.

I hate her. I hate her so much. I can't even look at her face without getting angry and disgusted. She literally makes me sick. I-I just want to slap her, like really hard. Without apologizing because she doesn't deserve that.

Jackson and I were standing by his locker. I was waiting for Derek. I know he'll be walking in soon. I really want to help him. I hope that Derek will heal faster this time, so he doesn't have to be in so much pain.

"What's wrong, Lyds?" Jackson asks curiously when he sees me looking around the hallway.

"Hmm? O-oh, nothing. I was-" I gasped when I saw Derek walking down the hallway. He looks really sick. His skin deathly pale, his walk very slow and his breathing heavy.

"Derek!" I called out as I took Jackson's hand and pulled him towards Derek.

"Derek? What the hell happened to you?" Jackson exclaimed when he saw Derek.

Derek looked up at us, his eyes filled with pain and despair. Blood drips from his arm onto the floor.

When Derek's eyes met mine he stumbled towards me. He pulled me to him, buried his face in my neck and inhaled my scent.

I felt him calm down slightly

Oh. He-he is hugging me? That's good, right? That means I'm making progress. I want people to feel safe with me. I want to help people.

"D-do you want me to take you to Scott?" I ask quietly, staying as still as possible so as not to hurt him more than he already was.

He nods his head, his face still buried in my neck.

"Jack, can you help me?" I ask Jackson as I almost feel myself topple over from the extra weight on my shoulders.

Jackson quickly steps forward and helps me hold up Derek. "I got you, dude." he reassures Derek concerned.

"I think they're at the parking lot." I informed them, hoping that hasn't changed.

Jackson nods, "Okay, come on. We'll find him."

---------------------------------

When we arrived at the parking lot, I saw Stiles sitting in his jeep, about to drive off.

"Jack! Jack, there's Stiles." I point out.

Derek and Jackson both look up to Stiles' jeep. I grip Derek a little tighter when I hear him let out a relieved sigh and pull him with me towards Stiles.

We stop walking when we arrive in front of the jeep. I feel Derek getting weaker, as he can no longer hold himself up. We really have to hurry.

The jeep comes to an abrupt stop. A startled Stiles quickly exits the jeep and comes running towards us.