chapter 2

( Elijah's POV)

My team, Code Red, is under Master Xiao Lee, a renowned fighter within the academy, the ace card of the ring.

He made sure we didn't get sold no matter how strong we got and had took us in as his own.

"how have you all been?" master Xiao Lee asked causing Dave to squeek excitedly causing me and Liam to chuckle.

This idiot is too obvious.

"It seems that you all are excited to finally let off those pent up steam after a whole year" Master chuckled causing Dave to giggle.

"Well, it has been a while since I've broken someone's ribs, haiya I can't wait to make asmr videos with it!" Dave said causing me to roll my eyes while Liam only snickered.

This is exactly what I mean when I say I'm the only sane one here

"What are you a cannibal?" Liam asked causing Dave to fake gasp.

"Of course not, I'll simply record his bones snapping one by one! Remember what I did to Diamond's disciple two years ago?" Dave asked causing Liam to laugh.

"Yeah yeah, you sold the video for five hundred dollars in the dark web" He replied causing Dave to sigh in dissapointment.

"I should've charged them an extra five hundred thousand since he was still alive in that video" Dave pouted causing me to roll my eyes.

See? He breaks people's bones while they're alive and record them.

Freaking psychopath

In the dojo, there are 6 sect leaders whom are considered as one of the most strongest fighters in the academy, Spade, Clover, Heart, Joker, Queen, and most importantly King. They are known as the Six Deadly Cards of the ring.

Just like everyone in the academy, the sect leaders also hide their identity for their safety in the real world , the only person I know within the sect leaders is Spade, which is, Master Xiao Lee.

( AN: Xiao lee + Spade = the same person)

Within the academy our real names are hidden and is substituted by a nickname, however unlike sect leaders, we, whom are below them are reffered with "code names".

"I'm pumped to meet Code lotus again fufu I'll kill that bastard this time" Liam said causing Dave to roll his eyes.

"I'm glad that you're all excited, looks like I didn't have to worry about the King's cup after all" Spade said causing all of us to choke on our own saliva.

King's cup..?

The King's cup Is a tournament where all of our ranks are useless, it's all sruvival of the fittest. Every three years the title King is at everyone's grasp, why are they so desperate for the title you may ask?

Well, you can never underestimate the fortune that the black market has to offer.

However, for almost 9 years the title King is still within the same hands as the current King within the sect leaders.

Being able to get that title at the age of 14, I can't even begin to imagine how strong he is. The legendary King of the ring.

" However, the King's cup isn't the reason why I called you all" Spade said more seriously causing all of us to look at him in confusion.

Is there even a bigger news the the King's cup?

Spade then sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair in annoyance.