Chapter 4

( Elijah's POV)

"So let me get this straight, you ran in late because you saved Jonathan from a street fight with two buff men, paralyzed the other one and hit the other one with a bat?" Dave asked as Liam listened quietly while drinking his juice box.

" Technically I knocked him out not paralyzed-"

"It's the same damn thing!" Dave yelled causing everyone in the cafeteria to look at us.

This loud mouth.

" Keep it down!" I whisper yelled causing Dave to bow apologetically to everyone as they continued to eat.

"So you saved Jonathan, as in.. your brother, the hot headed peace of shit Jonathan?" Liam asked in pure distaste.

How exactly could he not?

Jonathan punched Liam once before when he visited me in my house because Jonathan couldn't believe that I had actual friends.

" If I were you I would've left that shit dying on the streets, he talks about how he's so high and mighty when all he clearly does is talk" Liam said causing Dave to agree whole heartedly.

What can I do..? He's still my brother

" It was an unfair fight, I will not tolerate people using their power to step all over the weak" I stated causing Dave and Liam to roll their eyes.

" Whatever" They both said in unison, it was my turn to roll my eyes.

I wasn't technically lying tho, it was half the truth.

"Just stop mentioning that idiot's name I'm losing my appetite" Liam said referring to Jonathan.

Haiya kids these days

* * * *

" This shit doesn't make sense" Liam deadpanded as he read the essay Dave made causing Dave to scoff.

"Well your face doesn't make sense" He huffed causing Liam to roll his eyes.

"That sentence itself doesn't make sense-"

" Oh yeah? Well your mom doesn't make sense!"

" My mom already died" Liam stated causing Dave to cover his mouth.

They do this shit everyday

"Bitch same!" Dave gasped cheerly as he offered a high five to which, an annoyed Liam returned to try and shut this kid up.

I don't know how I became this idiot's friend.

"Hey where are you going?" Liam asked curiously as I took my bag.

"Leaving, I can't concentrate here" I deadpanded causing Dave to smile sheepishly.

"What? No I'll come with" Liam said causing me to roll my eyes.

"Idiot no, I'm gonna fix some shit at the house since tomorrow's my training with King's lovers- speaking of, aren't you both suppose to be at the dojo training by now?" I scolded causing the both of them to freeze while looking at each other.

" Told ya he'd remember"

"Oh shut up"

" Fine...it's just not the same training without you" Dave whined as he tried to engulf me in a hug to which I rejected with a smack on his head.

"OW you're mean" He huffs as he rubbed his forehead.

This idiot.

"Stop making excuses and just go already, Xiao Lee isn't gonna go easy on the both of you this time" I stated causing Liam to scoff.