Original Fanfic

This is the original version I wrote when I was still learning the basics of writing a fanfic. Yes, this writing is childish and cringy, so I'm rewriting the entire story with my new style of writing (No more switching PoVs and permanent 3rd Person writing). However you will be the one to decide which one of my writing is better. Plus the rewritten version will have the same yet different plot with more details. Now the original version:—

[Skip this chapter if you want to read the rewritten version]

_________________________________________

Chapter 1: The Duty Ends

"Ninja..!!" cried Greninja, while cutting the last of the branch. Squishy was sitting inside the cave finally feeling safe. Greninja returned to the cave, feeling exhausted. Squishy said "You have done enough Greninja. I sense no other hostilities anymore."
"Ja..?" Greninja asked. "You should return to Ash Ketchum now, for you two had a great bond. I'm sure he will welcome you to his team again." "Greninja, ninja ja" asked Greninja, which meant "Ash entrusted me here, and I will follow his requests. I will not leave you here". Squishy replied "If a new threat is started I'm sure you and Ash will come back." "Ja..." "You can sense him, don't you? You can go back to him. I release you of your burden. Rejoin Ash and make him victorious." Greninja tried to sense
where Ash was and found him.

Meanwhile...

"Bring it on, Ash" Kiawe said. "Go Lycanroc!" Ash said sending out his Lycanroc Dusk Form. It was a special kind of Lycanroc, who seemed to have the strengths of both Lycanroc Midday and Lycanroc Midnight. Ash ordered "Lycanroc, use Accelerock!" Kiawe countered "Marowak, dodge it and use bone marang!" "Lycanroc, get ready to use counter!" while Lycanroc took the hit and countered it while doubling the damage. Pikachu meanwhile was cheering for Ash, occasionally saying "Pikapi!" "Alright Ash, get ready for my Z-move!" Kiawe warned. Ash replied, "Oh yeah? Let's do this Lycanroc!" while bringing out his Lycanium Z. While fitting it in the Z-ring, he felt a strange, yet familiar presence. Ash couldn't comprehend it.  Meanwhile Kiawe had executed his Z-move Inferno Overdrive (The fire type Z-move powered by a fire type attack). Lycanroc couldn't believe Ash hadn't started their Z-move while Lycanroc got hit hard and fell down. "And the win goes to... Kiawe!" Kukui said while congratulating him. He asked Ash "Ash, what happened? Why didn't you use your Z-move?" Ash snapped out of the vision and realized he had lost. "I- I- I, don't k-know." He closed his eyes again. But he couldn't feel it anymore. Kiawe asked, clearly concerned "Ash, is something wrong?" Ash replied "It's like I felt something that I used to before. But I couldn't figure out what." Ash said while sitting down. Ash called to Lycanroc "Lycanroc, thanks for battling. You battled hard. It's my fault we lost" and called him to his pokeball. Pikachu came over and asked "Pikapi?"

######

Chapter 2: The Journey Starts

Greninja took a last look at forest behind him. This would be the last time he would see Squishy and Z-2, perhaps. He walked a few steps out of the forest, then sprinted towards the vast ocean heading to Alola. The journey had really begun!

Meanwhile...

Ash was waiting with his classmates and friends Kiawe, Mallow, Sophocles, Lana and Lily, waiting for Prof. Kukui.
Their partner pokemon were having fun in the balcony of the classroom, with Rowlet being overprotective of Meltan. Meltan was Ash's one of new Pokémon, which was supposed to be a new kind of Pokémon. Ash was still bugged about the incident in his yesterday's battle, even though Kiawe had forgotten about it. That really felt familiar, Ash thought. I can't seem to concentrate enough to find out what it was. Hold on a minute... Ash was on his train of thoughts, and Kukui entered the classroom. "Alola Professor Kukui!" shouted the class. "Alola children! Today we are supposed to be sharing some unknown facts not known to other people. So raise your hand if you know something you wanna share."
Kukui said. Lily raised her hand and said "Did you know, that Slowbro can devolve to Slowpoke if it's Shellder shell gets released from its tail?" Kukui clapped and said "Very good. Anyone else?" Sophocles raised his hand said "There are some Pokémon who evolve only in certain places. Pokemon like Nosepass will evolve in a place with really high magnetic field." After that Lana said laughing "Kyogre is the ruler of ocean. But it's weight is lesser than that of Wailord." "There are many foods which have been made for Pokémon using berries. Because berries have a natural flavor and Pokémon like those." Mallow said cheerfully. Kiawe said "Charizard is one of the two pokemon who has 2 different mega evolutions. Mega Charizard X has a great potential for winning almost all battles, because it gains the dragon typing. Mega Charizard Y gains immense heat power and calls on the sun using its ability Drought." Ash suddenly remembered about Greninja with the Charizard talk and thought how it was doing now. Sure he had felt really sad deep down leaving him there, but it was for the best. Z-2 had himself said 'Greninja is a special individual. He has the power to protect us and the Kalos Region.' Ash had parted ways with Greninja before coming to Alola. Remembering that made him really sad. "Hello Ash? Are you doing alright?" Kukui asked. Ash snapped out of the thoughts and said "Oh sorry Professor Kukui, I was lost on thinking something." Kukui smiled apologetically "Are you still worried about the battle yesterday? Don't worry I won't bother you in the class then. It's also almost lunch time, so you can go have fun on the ground now." Ash called to Pikachu. Pikachu was his bestest friend. They both had been together for a really really long time."Would you believe it, that I was just thinking about Greninja? I gotta concentrate on the current stuff, we have to beat the Island Kahuna in the Poni Island." Pikachu replied excitedly "Pikapi!"