The Duty Ends

"Text" : Regular Speech
[Text] : Telepathic Speech
{Text} : Pokemon Speech
[Text] : Author's Note

________________

The Forest looked peaceful and silent.

Sun was rising from the east, it's light giving it a beautiful look. Dews were hanging from the leaves. Suddenly the quiet was broken by a rustle.

A Fletchling had just woken up from its sleep and hopped from its nest to the branch. It spread and wings and started flying in the sky.

It's chirpings woke up every Pokémon, who depended on it. Bunnelbies started hopping out of the hollow tree holes. Surskit started skating in the small ponds, many Skiddos started drinking water from it.

A Litleo started chasing Skiddo who was running away from it. The Litleo was confused why it was running. It just wanted to be it's friend.

Flabebes woke up from their sleep and started releasing its pollen towards the sky.

However in a dark corner of the forest, a bipedal creature was sitting on a tree branch. A single blade was on its hand, glowing ominously.

Many people had heard about this mysterious creature. Some brave ones had ventured into this part of the forest, trying to catch the mysterious Pokémon.

However, whenever they aimed a Pokéball at it, it was always deflected back at their hands. And trees would start rustling and it would be the last thing they remembered.

They woke up outside the forest, close to the Lumiose city. The mysterious Pokémon became known as the "Forest Guardian". Even poachers were scared to venture in that forest because of its rumours of it being cannibalistic and ate those who tried hurting Pokémon.

The mysterious creature was on high alert. Squishy had told him the roots would be here next. So he had been camping here, trying to wait for it to appear.

Rustle, rustle.

His closed eyes snapped open and his amphibious ears perked up to listen better.

Snap.

He got up from its relaxed position and took a battle stance, two glowing blades illuminating the whole forest.

A hum started filling the quietness and then–

A huge explosion-like noise was heard. The creature narrowed his eyes. He rushed towards the place where the noise was heard. And there it was.

The stray root he had been waiting for. He rushed forward, dodging the small ones and slicing with blade in an arc. The root dodged his attack.

The sunlight finally started falling on the dark part of the forest, illuminating the two sole inhabitants fighting each other.

The creature was finally revealed as a Greninja. He had blue amphibious skin, a tongue rolled up its neck like a scarf and two blades on its hand.

The root rushed forward, intent on beating Greninja. Greninja dodged it nimbly and started throwing its stars towards the root.

The smaller ones were cut off which had tries to creep up on him. Greninja then covered its fist in ice, and then rushed forward to punch it.

It worked, as the major part of the root was frozen. It then started its barrage of Aerial Aces, hitting the root very hard.

Then it rushed forward at unbelievable speeds and cut off the root. The root fell down, sliced in two parts, very much dead.