24. Gwen

Too much talking

Too much talking. Which is not normally a thought I have when it comes to Blake, but there it is. So I give him something better to do with his lips and his mouth. As our tongues tangle, I can't get over how natural it feels to be slow kissing him in the middle of the living room. There's nothing forced or rushed, it's just a really good, sensual kiss that makes me think of what else those lips are capable of worshipping. A first kiss has never felt so erotic and sexually charged without being rushed before.

Izzy's production comes to a screeching halt upstairs, and the silence that fills the room makes our own heavy breathing even more apparent as we kiss and kiss and kiss. One of Blake's hands is on my hip, and the other is up the back of my shirt, and mine are in his hair.

"Is this a good idea?" Blake murmurs between kisses.

"No, it's not," I say. "It's the best idea ever."

He chuckles and then kisses a line down my throat before nuzzling my neck, breathing me in, and squeezing me tight. "Maybe we should talk about this."

"Absolutely not," I say. "You'll talk yourself out of it."

"I don't want to fuck this up," he says, drawing away to look at me. "And I'm going to fuck this up."

"You don't know that."

"What do you want out of this?"

Oh jeez. He had to start with the hard question first. Where's my entry level question? "Some hot sex?" I try.

"We could do that," he says with an amused tip to his lips. "Is that really all you want? Months ago, you said you were a love addict."

"That's not what I said."

"I was summarizing."

"Just because I love love, that doesn't mean I'm an addict."

"Are you pretending to be me? This feels like avoidance."

I huff out a breath and stare at him. "I don't want to think about it. I don't want to talk about it. I just want to do it."

"Right now?" Blake's hand flexes against my back.

If we go for it in this moment, I'll be too aware of Izzy and Jeremy upstairs. Whatever happens between us will feel performative, even though it's the furthest thing from it. With him, I don't want quick and cheap.

"If I say I want to wait until Izzy and Jeremy leave, is that going to give you too much "Blake time"? Are you going to wimp out on me?"

"Honestly, I don't know." He shrugs. "I'm not sure this is—"

I drag his lips back to mine, and I mold my body to his. He slides his hands under my ass, and he urges me up into his palms. I give a little jump, and he chuckles against my lips before we're kissing again with my legs around his waist. He walks us back toward the bedroom.