Chapter 9

Nightmare had teleported to where Dream was, as he was ready to kill him but he stopped all of the sudden. Dream was reading a book on the dry grass. His back was against the tree, looks completely chill out in the middle of the night in their old AU.

" “Thank you for everything what you do did for me you did to me.” Said The little brother, giving him the last smile on his face before he got into an accident. The older brother looked shock in tears, hoping it was only a nightmare–." Dream looked up away from the book and saw Nightmare is in front of him.

"Hi, Nightmare. I'm just reading based on story book. Don't mind me, I want to have a peace and quiet here. If you wanna fight, go head then. But let me finish this." He said, looking back at the book.

"You... You're not calling me a brother anymore?" Nightmare asked, kinda surprise that Dream called him by his name.

"Nope, you said I'm not your brother, so I only called brother for Shattered because he act like a true one toward me." He simply replied, lowered his book and chuckled softly. "He's the best brother I've ever had. He told me he love me and he'll do anything to keep me feel better."

"Don't tell me you did not hear what Error yelled at you?" Dream stood up, closing his book asking him questions. "Didn't you listen to what he said?

Nightmare didn't say anything, but trying to remember what Error yelled at him. I thought he was joking to make me feel weak... I didn't know it was true!!

"Alright, Nightmare. What do you want from me anyway? Stab me in the back? With pleasure, I just want to make you happy and satisfied, I won't stand your way. Not even another 500 years." Dream said, giving him a wide open arms. "Go a head, do what you want. I won't do anything."

"STOOOOPPPPP!!!" Nightmare shouted, almost stab Dream with his tentacles it was missed. "Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop!  Stop it!!! Why the hell do you want to kill yourself!? Why did you think about your death instead your future!?"

"The hell you want to kill yourself?! So you can leave..." Nightmare realized something, as he looked down. "Oh... I see it now..."

"That would not happen to me now." Dream sighed, shrugged his shoulders. "Someone break the spell before my death. They were worried about me too much, instead of you. They should learn how to move on."

"Like after he hang himself. Or let his brother kill him. Or do something more stupid as you think." Dream give a smile on his face. "That's why, I would do to do that, but... Then, they will be worry if I die. If I die, no one will even remember me."

"No..." Nightmare whispered, as he hugged him without even thinking. "Everyone will remember you... I will remember you if they don't remember you."

"Hm, as if." Dream chuckled. "You might never know you will forget about me when I'm dead. Believe me."

Nightmare stood silent, but didn't dare to break the hug. "Dream, would you mind calling me as your brother now? I... I missed you called me that, ever since you... You..."

"Changed? Yeah." The Guardian continue his sentence. "But hey, it's alright to change. I want to make myself to feel more better instead letting myself depressed like the other Nightmare did. He was completely hard to save him."

"He became an alcoholic king, he had hurt himself as he continued to blame himself for losing his brother. He always looked himself in his room away from those memories he sees." He explained, staring at the night sky. "It was hurtful to see him like this so I became his temporary brother so he can move on and balance the AUs by his own."

Nightmare didn't know what to say when Dream explained him. "But of course, I would love to call you my brother now. But that doesn't mean we're biological."