9 - He Knows

Y/N ran back to the front door when the sight of Mr. Kang and Min Jun met her eyes. She felt a feeling of relief wash over her as she ran to them, wrapping her arms around Mr. Kang's form as she hugged him and cried.

"Y/N..." He whispered, only heard to her, his worried expression turning to a relieved one. "Are you okay?"

"I..." She let out, eyes full of tears. "I thought he-"

"Yejin," He muttered, his eyes staring into hers. "Are you okay, my dear? Are you hurt?"

Realization hit her. "I'm okay... yeah, I'm fine." She nodded, letting out a sigh of relief as she looked back at Min Jun, whose eyes widened slightly. "Min Jun..."

"Yejin," He called, stepping closer to her as he rested his hand against her cheek. "Are you okay? I was looking for you but I... I couldn't find you anywhere. Gosh, I was so scared." Before she could react, he pulled her closer until her head rested on his chest and wrapped his arms protectively around her.

"I... I'm sorry." That wasn't what she was supposed to say, but she didn't really know the right words. "I got lost and I couldn't find you and... I just wanted to know if you're okay and-"

"Yejin, breathe." Min Jun muttered next to her ear as he looked down at her with eyes filled with worry and concern. "Everything is okay, hm? I'm okay, you're okay, we're all okay."

His words managed to calm her down but her racing heart couldn't stop, since the thought of Sunghoon always lingered in her mind. Why was he so... why was he there in the first place?

"What happened...?" She asked, looking back at the place. It wasn't beautiful anymore, just tragic. 

"Someone set a bomb." Min Jun's words made her freeze. Sunghoon. Park. "The CCTV was manipulated so they couldn't tell who was behind the explosion."

"Ah," She nodded, feeling too tired. It was obvious from the way she slightly stumbled backward, losing her balance as she started feeling dizzy. "I..."

"Careful there." Min Jun caught her, securing her in his arms. But before he knew it, Y/N started feeling heavier until her eyes closed and she slowly melted into his embrace. She was stronger than that, everyone knew it, but she just needed to stop everything. Because everything just felt too much.

And the next time she opened her eyes, she was lying on a bed that wasn't familiar. Slowly sitting up, she looked at the IV inserted in her hand, around her, and at the gray walls surrounding her. It scared her how much she couldn't recognize the place. 

Where was she?

Y/N took the IV off before she stood up, carefully walking to the door. But the moment she wanted to turn the doorknob, the door opened and her eyes widened.

"Yejin," Min Jun stared at her in surprise. "You're up."

"Yeah, I..." She started but stopped mid-sentence before looking back at the room around her. "What happened? Where am I?"

"It's my room..." He said, placing a hand on the back of his neck. "You fainted yesterday night. The doctor said that it was because of poor nutrition and he said that you were too tired."

Y/N just stared at him with a frown before she rested a hand on her forehead and sighed heavily. "Where's dad?"

"He's... upstairs with my father." He nodded. "Yeah, it's morning, so..." 

"Oh." 

"Yejin," He took a step closer before he held her hand in his. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." She smiled. "Everything is okay, I was just a little tired. You know, running around and you know-" She was trying to come up with a reason but he just gently pulled her before he rested her head on his chest.