26 - At Great Cost

Y/N's nails dug deeper into Bora's neck as she looked at her with eyes full of rage. "Elaborate." She hated the look on Bora's face and the feeling of potential loss made a shiver run down her spine.

"Do you-" She hissed, laughing like a maniac. "You're done for."

"You bitch-" The words barely escaped Y/N's gritted teeth before she ran her fingers through her hair while reminding herself to breathe. Then the realization hit her and her eyes widened as her heart sank to the ground. "Where's Haru?"

Without wasting a moment, she pulled out her phone, her fingers frantically dialing Haru's number. The seconds ticked by, each one seemingly dragging on as she waited for a response. 

But there was no answer. Haru remained elusive, his absence making Y/N's anxiety grow. The room seemed to close in on her, a suffocating reminder of the past and everything that's been haunting her.

"Y/N-" Sunghoon's voice was filled with concern as he reached out to hold her shoulders, however, Y/N couldn't bear the touch, the proximity overwhelming her. She stepped away, her breathing uneven, her mind racing with a thousand thoughts and fears. "He's going to be fine."

"I need to know that he's fine." She turned to Sunoo who understood that he needed to go look for Haru. He should be fine, because if not, Y/N was willing to paint the once-white canvas with Bora and Ujin's blood. The mere thought of such vengeance fueled her resolve even further.

"How do you feel knowing that you need a knight in white armor to save you? That you cannot do anything on your own and that your father didn't love you because of it?" Jungwon's voice interrupted them, making Bora's eyes widen before she raised an eyebrow, her jaw clenched so tightly.

She knew she had to choose her words carefully, not allowing Jungwon's provocation to get under her skin. "What do you know?" She spoke, her mouth turning into a sinister smile. 

"I know that Ujin won't come for someone like you. Even if you're his own sister." Jungwon's words dripped with venom as he smirked, relishing in the pain he was causing. 

"Blood runs deep." Bora's words made him tilt him crouch in front of her, the smile on his face so sickeningly twisted that it sent shivers down her spine. She could see the sadistic pleasure in his eyes, the satisfaction derived from belittling her and tearing apart her insecurities.

"Blood may run deep, but loyalty is earned," Jungwon sneered, his voice laced with disdain. "And you, dear Bora, have done nothing to earn the loyalty of your brother or anyone else for that matter. He doesn't need you." 

"If he doesn't come, I don't need him!" She spat. She couldn't let him see how deeply his words cut, how they reopened old wounds she had tried so hard to heal. She had always yearned for her brother's love and acceptance, but she knew that deep down, she'd never be enough. "I will Y/N with my own bare hands-"

Jay stepped forward, holding her chin and making her look at him. "You think you can stand up to Y/N? You're just a lost girl pretending to be a warrior," He spat, mocking her strength. "Mark her words, Bora, you will crumble under your own delusions."

Y/N never saw this side of him. His usually calm and gentle demeanor had transformed into something unrecognizable. There was a darkness in his eyes, a rage that simmered just beneath the surface, threatening to consume him entirely. After all, they were just a bunch of fucked up kids who had to step into the world and fight to live. 

"We'll find Haru." Sunghoon's gaze was glued to Y/N as she turned to him.

"You're just naive fools." Bora scoffed, her eyes welling up with tears as she looked at the man tied beside her. But before she knew it, Y/N held her dagger against his neck and raised an eyebrow at Bora. "S-stop!"