chapter 12.

Lexie:
The moment I step out of the elevator a bang echos through the hallway. Then another one. And as I get closer to my apartment they become louder.
I take out my key and take a deep breath as I open the door.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it definitely wasn't this. The same guy that raped me is in my apartment, again. He's hurting my mom. Physically hurting her.

I slam the door shut which startles them both. They turn to look at me before he takes another swing at my mom, resulting in her falling to the ground. "Stop it!" I yell, running over to him and trying to pull him off mom. She's already got a cut under her eye and a bruised cheek.

I'm not very strong but the adrenaline running through my body right now means that I was able to push him off. Only for him to take a swing at me instead, making me fall backwards and bang my head on my corner of the table.

He relentlessly starts beating up my mom again. Punching her in the stomach, ribs, face, everywhere.

I don't know what to do.

I need to call the cops.

I reach into my bag that was dropped near the front door and pull out my phone. I dial 911.
"W-we need police a-and an amb—" The phone is snatched out of my hand before I can finish my sentence. "Don't be like that you little shit," he spits.

I look over to my mom, laying on the tiles with her hand clutched over her stomach as she chokes on her own sobs. I try to run over to her, but he grabs me by the arm and yanks me backwards, pushing me onto the couch and climbing on top of me. "Get off me!" I scream. He throws his hand over my mouth and uses the other one to try and pull down my pants. I kick my legs as much as I can, trying to get him off. Eventually, I manoeuvre my legs enough so I'm able to knee him in the crutch which immediately makes him move.

An almost psychotic look is in his eyes before he turns back to my mom and storms out of the apartment.

My head is in excruciating pain, but for some reason my stomach hurts more. I squeeze my eyes tightly shut as I try to sit up from the couch and go over to the kitchen to get some ice for my mom.

"Here, this might help," I carefully kneel down beside her, my free arm clutching over my stomach. The pain is so bad I think I might be sick.

As I try to gently press the ice against her cheek she knocks it away. "I don't need your help Alexandra," she pushes me away. She didn't have much strength so I didn't really fall but that still hurt like a bitch.

"Can I at least call you an ambulance if you won't accept my help?" I offer. Despite everything she's done, she's still my mom and I can't stand to see her in this much pain. "No, Lexie. You don't need to turn this into a big deal," she scolds.

"But it is a big deal!"

She doesn't answer me, so I stand up and search for my phone to dial 911...again. As soon as I pick up my phone, my mom reaches to the side table next to the couch and throws an empty wine glass at me. "I said no!"

I look down and see a huge cut just above my collarbone from the glass. The amount of blood makes me feel nauseous.

"What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?" I speak to myself in a panic.

Before I can process anything, there's a knock at the door. "LAPD, open up," a man orders. I feel frozen in place but the door was left unlocked so they let themselves in. All three officers are holding their guns up.

I feel my breathing pick up as the tears stream down my face. One of the officers sees me and lowers her gun, "stand down guys," she orders the others. She takes in my state and slowly turns her head to her colleagues. "We're gonna need an ambulance...or two, and inform CPS."

I have no idea what 'CPS' means, but at least my mom's going to get the help she needs.

The female officer slowly made her way closer to me and assured me that I was safe now, whilst the male officers went over to my mom.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" She questions gently. "Lexie," I whisper through my cries. "Okay Lexie, I'm Officer Quinton but you can call me Robin," she smiles softly.

"An ambulance should be here any minute, can we have a chat whilst we wait?" She asks to which I hesitantly nod. "Alright, hold this against your collarbone for me?" She passes me a kitchen towel. I oblige before she takes me into the furthest room possible from my mom which happens to be the study.

"Can you explain to me what happened?" She coaxes in a gentle tone. I go to speak but everything that has happened in the last ten minutes rushes through my mind, causing me to zone out. "Lexie? Can you hear me?"

"I...um...I'm," I try to speak. "Take your time," Robin smiles reassuringly.

"I...I came home a-and heard banging, and when I walked inside s-someone was hurting my mom so I tried to call 911 but he...he snatched my phone and tried to hurt me as well but I managed to stop him," I explain, trying to not completely breakdown in front of a stranger. She's writing everything down in a notepad as I speak before looking back up at me.

"Do you know who this man is and how did you stop him?" She questions further. "I don't know his name, but he's been here a few times. And, h-he tried to...he tried to touch me so I kneed him in the crutch," I tell her to which she nods, swallowing harshly. "Can you describe the man?"
"He's got blonde hair and I think brown eyes. Maybe like six foot?" I shrug, uncertain.

"Okay Lexie, thank you. Can I ask, if he didn't manage to hurt you, how did you manage to get cut with the glass, and blood down your legs?"

Blood down my legs?

I look down to see that she's right. My grey sweatpants are covered in blood. How on earth did that happen?

"I-I don't know how I have blood on my legs," I admit to which she nods with a worried expression on her face. "What about that glass?"

I stay silent at her question. I can't tell her the truth.

"Lexie, did the man hit you with a glass?" She tries to draw an answer out from me. I shake my head no. "Okay. Did you hurt yourself, honey?" She asks hesitantly. "No," I mumble to which she sighs.

"Did your mom hurt you?"
I don't answer.

"Lexie, I'm only wanting to help you and for your safety I need to know, did you mom hurt you?" She asks again. I take a deep breath before nodding, my gaze focused on the ground.

There's a knock at a door and we both look up to see a paramedic standing there.
He leads both of us out the room and helps me into a gurney. I don't know why they called an ambulance for me, I don't need one. I mean yes I hit my head pretty hard, and I'm still bleeding from the glass being thrown at me but nothing major. Not like my mom.

"Why am I going to the hospital?" I ask cluelessly. "We just want to asses any further injuries," the paramedic informs me to which I nod, "okay."
"Is there anything you'd like to bring with you just incase you need to stay overnight?"

"Overnight? I have work later," I tell him. He smiles lightly. "I don't think that's going to happen, sorry," he shrugs. "Okay. Maybe just my phone then? It's on the floor near the door." 

After my phone is passed to me I notice that my mom isn't here anymore. "Where'd my mom go?" I question. "She was taken to the hospital in another ambulance."
"Oh, okay," I nod.

A few minutes later I'm in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. For some reason I'm not aware of, Officer Quinton came with us too.

The paramedics started to run through a few routine questions. "Now Lexie, I know this is an awkward question but we have to ask. Are you sexually active?"
"No," I answer simply. "Okay. So there's no chance that you could be pregnant?"
I stare up at him for a few moments before my gaze turns to my lap. "N-No, I don't think so."

___________
tradies were at my house today and played Taylor swift and I loved it :)
also these square pictures are not a vibe

also Natasha is coming back, yes or no?

I proudly remain either oblivious or hopeful and say yes, she is