chapter 50.

Two Months Later

Lexie:
I made my way downstairs in my pyjamas, which I happened to of stolen from my girlfriend.
It's mid-morning. I can hear that everybody else is already awake by the sound of plates being unloaded from the dishwasher and of course, my sister singing along to Frozen in the living room.

I'm on summer break now which means sleeping in until ten o'clock and going to sleep at three in the morning. It also means that most of my days are filled by either spending time with my girlfriend or with my family.

Mom has been teaching my to drive which surprisingly, isn't going terribly. I only got my permit a few weeks ago, but I'm excited for the freedom of being able to drive anywhere I want.
She's also been teaching me how to cook. That's not going as well as the driving, but we all have to start somewhere.

A year ago, my life looked completely different and I am so grateful for every moment I get to spend with a family that makes me feel unconditionally loved.

"Well good afternoon, my beautiful girl," Mom teases as I make my presence known in the kitchen. "Be quiet. It's still only ten-thirty," I groan, giving her a hug. "How did you sleep?" She questions, giggling, as she returns the hug and kisses the top of my head. "I woke up a lot, but other than that, good," I admit. "Do we have any pancake mix left?"
"We do, in the fridge," she tells me with a soft smile.

As I go to open the fridge door, I feel a pair of arms wrap around my hips. "Hi Lexie," Rose looks up at me, a cheeky smile resting on her lips. "Morning," I giggle, lifting her up into my arms.

"Is Addy coming over today?" She asks hopefully. "She is, why?" I question. "Because I want to give her a cuddle. I miss her," she pouts, playing with the ends of my hair.

"She was here two days ago, Rosie," I chuckle. "I know, but I love her."
"Yeah, I know," I roll my eyes playfully, sitting her down on the counter, "I love her too."

I take out the leftover pancake batter from the fridge and turn around to see Mom looking at me with a smirk. "What?" I ask, confused. "I've never heard you say that before."
"Say what before?"
"That you love Addy," she explains further, quirking an eyebrow.

I pause my movements. I didn't even realise that I'd said it until now.

"That was the first time you've said that, wasn't it?" Mom assumes, giggling. I curl my lips into my mouth as I nod.

"You love her," she teases, tickling my stomach. "Who loves who?" Colin asks, stepping into the kitchen from the back door. "Lexie loves Addy," Rose enthuses, kicking her legs.

"Okay, let's drop this now," I plead, my face a shade of red. They all giggle as I turn the heat on, on the stove to cook my pancakes.

__

"Hey you," I grin, opening the front door for my girlfriend. "Hey Lex," she returns the smile before engulfing me in a hug.

"Addy!" My little sister comes running up to the front door in her swimsuit and floaties, joining in on our hug. "Hi Rose," my girlfriend giggles, ruffling her hair, "how are you?"
"Good. I missed you so much."
"I missed you too," Addy giggles.

"Alright Rosie, we're gonna go upstairs for a bit but we'll come play in the pool with you soon, yeah?" I speak gently. "Okay, bye!" She smiles widely, running back down the hallway.

I turn my attention back to Addy and take her hand in mine. Once we're up in my bedroom, I close the door behind us and jump onto my bed, my legs dangling off the edge.
Addy places her bag down and walks over to me, standing between my thighs.

She gently grabs my chin, tilting my head up slightly before her lips are on mine.
Our foreheads rest against each others, noses brushing once the kiss ends. "Hi," she smiles.
"Hi," I return the smile, giggling.

She tackles me in a cuddle, making me squeal and fall on my back. "How's your day been so far?" I question, shuffling up on the bed. Addy lays on top of me, burying her head in my neck as I wrap my arms around her waist.
"So much better now," she mumbles, pressing her lips against my jaw. "Yours?"

"It's been good. Yours not?" I frown, running my fingers through her hair.
She shrugs, taking a deep breath.
"Hey, talk to me," I speak softly.

"My Dad wants to move back up to San Francisco," she mumbles.

"Do you have to move back with him?" I question, my voice a little shaky.

"No. No, Mom and I are staying here. I...I think they're going to get a divorce though," she breathes, lifting her head from my neck and meeting my gaze. "Oh Adds, I'm so sorry. Why didn't you tell me about this?" I sigh, tucking a loose piece of hair behind her ear. "I didn't know. They've maybe only ever twice fought around me and that was years ago, so I didn't see any of it happening. I mean sure, there's been some weird tension there, but I didn't know it was this serious," she explains, her eyes glassy.

My eyebrows knit together as I place a gentle kiss on her nose. "It's going to be okay, Adds. I'm here for you and no matter what happens, I always will be. You can cry if you need," I assure her. She shakes her head, blinking back her tears. "I don't want to cry. It's tiring," she chuckles.

"I understand that," I nod, "but if you change your mind, come to me."
"I will. Thank you, Lex," she smiles gently, pecking my lips.

"How's your beautiful mind doing?" She quirks an eyebrow, cupping my face with her hands.

"It's good. It's been a lot better this past month," I admit honestly. "You promise? You're not hurting yourself anymore?" She questions. "That's a very straightforward way of asking, but no, I haven't. Not in nearly two months now," I say.

Mom found out that I'd been doing it again after walking in on me, but after starting therapy, I opened up to Addy about my mental health too.
It was the first time I saw her cry, when I told her about it.

Addy grins, her nose scrunching up. "I am so, so proud of you."
"Thank you," I smile, my cheeks heating up.

"I love you, Addy."

She pulls away from my face every so slightly. "You really mean that?" Her voice comes out in a whisper, her smile widening. I nod before she smashes her lips against mine.

"I love you too, Lexie."

_________
And that's the end to part 1!

There'll be about a year time skip at the beginning of part 2 and if you have anything you'd like to see in it then please let me know 🤍