𝟎𝟎𝟐. A MARRIAGE DILEMMA

       IT WAS a brisk evening as Alysanne and her father took a turn about the extensive gardens, their voices low as they conversed about the day's events. Tensions in the castle were running thick after the arrival, that morning, of the Crown Princess and her family.

         Earlier that morning, Princess Rhaenyra and Prince Daemon arrived in a rather uneventful manner in which they were not properly welcomed by the Queen and her family, who had spent their morning attending to their private duties.

       Aegon slipped out to Flea Bottom, as per usual, Aemond was training with Ser Criston, Helaena was tending to her young twins, and Aenora was busy with her mother almost all morning discussing possible marriage arrangements with various lords and ladies across the Kingdoms.

        Princess Rhaenyra and her kin were left to find their own way into the Keep and to their chambers. Rumors had spread all day of the slight against the Crown Princess, about the Queen's disrespect. Alysanne had tried all day to find the princes, to reunite with the boys she had not seen for six years.

      Her night ended in disappointment when she had been unable to find time to visit with her friends. Now, as the sun dipped below the horizon, spreading its glorious orange tendrils across the darkening sky, Alysanne visited with her father for what felt like the first time in months.

      It had been a long time since Alysanne had stolen time away with her father, who had been rather busy as of late organizing a tournament on behalf of the nineteenth nameday of the twins, Aemond and Aenora. And, though it wasn't official, Alysanne as well, as her birthday was the same day, but no one would host a tourney for her.

      The tourney was a mere week away and was approaching faster and faster every day. It was going to be a grand thing, Tyland said, a thing that was going to be remembered for years. Alysanne personally did not care much for tourneys, but she did love to see the pride that glimmered on her father's face as he discussed all he had done to prepare for it.

      She was smiling as Tyland spoke, her eyes sliding across her father's plump face as they turned around the gardens. "This will be a wonderful opportunity, Alysanne," he said in a boisterous tone as he turned and gazed upon his daughter's delicately smiling face. "Perhaps we will even find a suitable husband for you."

       Alysanne smiled abashedly as she averted her gaze. She was turning nineteen, three years after coming of age, six years after she flowered for the first time, and there had been very few talks of marriage between her and her father. She knew the reason, she knew that her father was worried about what might happen when his daughter found a husband and the time came for her to bear him children. Two Lannister women had lost their lives to the ravages of childbirth.

      Tyland Lannister lost his beloved wife and only son to childbirth. Alysanne knew he was scared to lose his daughter to the very same thing that had taken his wife. He was more relaxed than most noble fathers in Westeros, allowing his daughter to remain unwed for so long. Alysanne was grateful for it, for she was not particularly ready to give herself over to her future husband.