𝟎𝟏𝟓. EVERLASTING WRATH

⊱❁⊰

⊱❁⊰

       𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 breeze that wafted through the godswood enveloped Alysanne's body in warmth as she hid behind a small dogwood tree, her small frame perfectly concealed by the surrounding bushes. Bottom lip clenched between her teeth, Alysanne struggled to contain her giggles as Aemond prowled the godswood garden, his footsteps light.

      She choked on a giggle when Aemond leapt into a bush with a sharp, "Aha!" only to find twigs and briars. The prince hissed as he untangled himself from the sharp embrace of thorns and roses, his black tunic clinging to every branch, his silver hair entangled with the golden leaves.

       Alysanne's hand covered her mouth as she peered through the canopy, watching as Aemond prowled closer and closer, his head on a swivel as he sought her out. His eye was narrowed, his scar concealed by the ragged eyepatch that rested upon his left cheekbone

       "Tell me the truth!"

      With a sharp gasp, Alysanne whirled around, her heart leaping into her throat as a furious voice echoed through the garden, grief and rage choking the syllables, distorting the voice as it bounced off the stone walls, surrounding Alysanne.

      She clutched the pendant hanging around her neck as she furiously scanned the trees for the source of that voice when, suddenly, a pair of hands wrapped around her waist and yanked her backward. Alysanne screamed as Aemond ripped her out of the bushes, twirling their bodies so that when they fell, she landed on Aemond's chest with a sharp oof!

      She gasped, her eyes wide as she gaped at the prince, who was grinning rather cheekily as he held her against his chest, his lips curled with a cocky smirk. "Found you."

      Alysanne narrowed her eyes and pushed herself up, bracing against his chest as she scoffed. "You cheated!"

      Aemond propped himself on his elbows, his head cocking. "I cheated?" he echoed. "How can one cheat whilst hunting?"

      Something fluttered in Alysanne's stomach as she glared at Aemond. Hunting... she had always found it rather crude that Aemond referred to their little game as hunting. "I am not a fowl," she snapped as she crossed her arms haughtily over her chest. "I am a lady."

      Aemond snickered as he brushed his lithe fingers through his disheveled hair. He remained propped on his other hand, his head lolling as he grinned at Alysanne. His arm brushed against her chest as he groomed himself and suddenly, Alysanne was very aware of the manner in which she was perched upon his lap...  "A lady," he smirked. "Ladies don't roll around in the dirt with princes."

      Her eyes narrowed. "What are you implying?" 

      He shrugged with a gentle murmur, "Nothing."