Seven

I WOKE UP surprised, to say the least

Not only did Elijah dry and dress me into a shirt of his, he gave me much needed space. He slept god knows where, whilst he allowed me to take his bed. And it was the most comfortable bed in the whole world.

I glanced at the clock and my eyes widened. It was noon and we had a meeting that we were incredibly late for. I sprinted out of the bed and once I stepped foot outside of the room, I saw Elijah sipping on his morning coffee while reading news paper.

''Good morning, Freya.'' He did not even look at me. He simply brought the cup to his lips and took a small sip.

''Morning.'' I grunted, ''We have a meeting.''
''I rescheduled it for tomorrow, don't worry.''

He placed the cup on the table and folded the paper neatly. ''Take a seat, I'll order a coffee for you. What would you like for breakfast?''

I shrugged my shoulders, ''Anything is fine as long as it's not eggs.'' I hated eggs. I ate them when they were in the recipe, but not on their own. They made me gag.

I took a quick stop to the bathroom and found a new set of toiletries. I used them and then washed my face. I was a little bit embarrassed to leave the room in his shirt only, though after what we did last night, there was nothing to be ashamed of, and weirdly enough, I wasn't ashamed.

He waited for me and after a few minutes, the doorbell rang. He ordered me pancakes and as someone who did not know how to make fluffy pancakes, these were as fluffy and as soft as a cloud.
I ate in silence.

Though, it was more like I devoured them within four minutes. Elijah was silent, and he was doing some business calls and responding to emails in the meantime. Basically, my boss was doing my job.

I had a big glass of cold water as soon as I was done with my meal, and I found myself staring at Elijah. He truly had the prettiest face. His jawline was sharp and when he was angry, he would flex it. Something about that was attractive as hell.

And his eyes — dear lord. I felt like I was about to drown in the beautiful blue sea that his eyes represented to me. The intensity and the dominance they presented was enough to make my knees go weak.

Elijah stood up from the table and our eye contact broke. He was back within seconds and he placed a white file in front of me.

''What is this?'' I asked.

''A sex contract.'' He stated as if it was nothing, ''I want you to be my partner, Freya.''

My eyes were wide and my jaw hit the floor. I was baffled for a second as my mind tried to process what he had asked of me.

''You don't have to do it.'' He said, as if sensing my worry, ''If you don't want it, we can just pretend nothing ever happened.''

I cleared my throat, ''Uh... I'm just caught off guard, that's all.''