Chapter 1 | Leonardo

I woke up on a stretcher, being blinded by an unnecessarily bright light. I heard some murmurs next to me, so I turned my head to look at the people. This was bringing back unwanted memories from school.

"She's awake." Well no hey, Sherlock. I just looked you dead in the eyes. I think it's blatantly obvious that I'm awake.

Then I felt bad for dissing her, since she peered over me. She smiled at me, a warm, welcoming smile that gave you a fuzzy feeling in your toes.

"Hello Miss King. How are you today?" she asked. Her voice had a melodic ring and she spoke with grace.

"I'm absolutely brilliant. You know, I always wanted to be a criminal and then get arrested in a violent manner. It's all my hopes and aspirations come true," I replied sarcastically, in case you couldn't already tell that I was being sarcastic.

"Now, Miss King. My colleagues and I are trying our best here-"

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Dalia," she responded. I stayed quiet as we waited for the test results. Apparently blood had been drawn from my arm while I was asleep. I'd just like to say, I did not consent to that. Dalia left the room for a minute and then came back in with a smile. "Good news Miss King, you tested negative for herpes, hepatitis, AIDS..." she went on to name a bunch of other diseases, making me wonder how much blood I was missing. 

"So I'm as healthy as a homeless girl gets?" I summed up.

"Basically," she answered. "And because of that, you will be good to go!" she said cheerily.

"Wait go whe-" before I could even finish my question, I was being wheeled out on my stretcher. The same policeman that arrested me, put handcuffs onto my wrists. I didn't fight back. What's the use anyway, if the guy could fit two of you in each bicep. Okay, yes, I was exaggerating a bit. 

"Since ya aint of age yet," he said. "Ya aint going to prison."

Well wasn't that relieving information? "So then, uh, where am I going?" I asked. A girl's gotta know what a girl's gotta know.

I was blatantly ignored. "Get in the car," he said, aggressively pulling me off the stretcher and into the back seat of the car. It was giving dom-

He patted me down as a precaution, and then rolled his eyes as I asked my next question which was, "Enjoying yourself, buddy?" Iconic, I know.

"I can't believe I have to get another one of you rat's asses-"

"There are children here," I interrupted. "Besides, I wanna be here as much as you do, so if you don't mind drowning this silence with music, that would be lovely."

He put on some Olivia Rodrigo. I hate everything.

I looked down at my sore wrists which were now purple and worryingly close to bleeding. "Could you make these any looser?" I whined.

"Do you see the cage that prevents us from touching each other?" he mimicked. "Try not to mess the seat King."

Just then the skin broke in several places. Just brilliant. "I wasn't gonna, but now I will," I answered, wiping my arms on the seat.

He sighed heavily. "One whole hour left. One whole hour."

The song changed, thankfully, and it was my favorite song. A huge upgrade from Traitor. I looked out of the window to see a tree burning. The smell of smoke reminded me of the badly stomped out cigarettes I'd used before. It was highly unsanitary, but it worked.

The policeman head-bopped to all of the songs, getting interrupted by multiple, "No one knows your listening habits better than you. With Spotify Premium download and pull up your playlists anywhere. Tap the banner to learn more."