Chapter 5 | Shampoo Shenanigans

I woke up with a massive headache... and Alex. Who could also be categorised as the headache but not in this instance.

He was sleeping on my bed still fully dressed with his shoes on. Could've taken the shoes off bud.

As I tried to remember who I was and where, I thought about Leo who was probably equally or more hungover than me, considering he did more lines. I had stopped at two because I had never done this before, but god only knows the amount that he did.

I tried to leave my own room like a one night stand, sneakily, but failed because of the pain going through my leg. I realized that I would indeed need Alex to help me. I also realized that I had left half of what I own in his dorm.

"Alex," I whispered, tapping his shoulder.

"Hmm," he answered.

"I want to check on Leo."

"No."

"What do you mean no?" I asked.

"No, just stay here," he answered. His eyes were shut as he breathed peacefully. I wondered if I looked that pretty sleeping. Ah, who am I kidding? I knew I looked like a gremlin, I'd been told by my fellow homeless people. I could always trust them for an unsolicited, yet honest opinion.

"No," I answered. "Fine I'll go myself." I stood up again, leaning heavily to one side, then also figuring that I not only looked like a gremlin asleep, but awake too.

I walked all the way to Leo's dorm, surprising myself by not getting lost on the way. I noticed the door was unlocked, so I let myself in and took a break by sitting on Alex's bed. I picked up the pencil and hair tie I'd left. I now had all my possessions back in my pockets.

In my attempt to reach Leo to wake him up, I tripped on an expensive-looking sneaker, falling onto the bed and his no-longer-sleeping body. My luck (lack of it) was really coming into clutch.

"Oh. Hi?" he said confusedly.

"Hi.

I seem to have fallen."

"I see."

"Yeah... I'll get off you now," I said, standing up again. He moved over, giving me place to sit, so I did. We stared at each other for a bit before I broke the ice. "How's your head?"

"Fine I guess, kind of sore." He looked at me intensely, giving me war flashbacks from middle school. Yes, I was in school at one point, surprise!...?
"They're my favorite color," he said admiringly.

"What?" I asked, genuinely having no clue what he was talking about, wondering if the coke had worn off completely or not.

"Your eyes. They're so beautiful."

I felt my face grow hot and my ears had turned redder than a red boot. For some reason, I never blushed in my cheeks, only my ears. "Thank you, your eyes are really pretty too," I stammered. He did truly have pretty eyes. They were blue, but dark so you'd only see it if you looked hard enough.

He smiled at me. "You're really beautiful." I was not good with compliments and was trying to figure out if he was joking or not, and now I really felt like he was because I was not pretty. Not in my head, anyway.

"Thanks," I answered half-heartedly. I smiled at him and admired his face. His skin was smooth, and his facial features were all sharp. He didn't look like he was from anywhere north of the equator, neither did his accent resemble any from there. "Where are you from originally?" I asked.

"Nigeria," he answered with a smile. His eyes creased when he smiled, and he had dimples at the corners of his mouth. I was sure that they were called dahlia dimples. "You?"