Chapter 2 - Chase's House

They drove for a while, passing houses and stores in silence, until they come to a paved driveway with a red brick wall surrounding the property and an iron fence blocking the way up to the house. Trees hide the building from view, but from the looks of the exterior Preston knows the people who live here have serious cash.

Preston wonders if this is where his mystery stranger lives, and if so, why is he bringing him here?

The guy pulls up to the gate and presses a button on the little black remote dangling from the key chain that is plugged into the ignition. The massive iron slowly opens, letting the two drive in freely. He presses another button and the gate slowly closes. Trees hang over the driveway, shading it from most of the missing sunlight, and blocking the house from view. They round a bend and a white mansion comes into sight. Preston chokes back a gasp of surprise. This was not what he expected. The mansion has three stories, the bottom with five windows looking out into the front yard, the second and third floors with seven windows, and what must be the attic with three windows that come out from the building with their own pointed roofs. The rooftop, as Preston peers up at it, has what looks like black railings leading the way across a widows walk. The shingles are black, the front door and shutters a dark blue, and as Preston's eyes roam the front lawn he notices a path of grey bricks lined with flowerbeds of every color leading the way into the trees from the house. The trees aren't packed closely together, but do a well enough job giving privacy to the people who live here.

The guy parks the car in the five car garage that sits beside the house, not bothering to drive around the loop that reaches the front door before connecting with the main driveway again. A mud coated truck sits in the far corner of the long building, it's paint rusted and the tires taking off as the machine rests on thick wood. Obviously someone has been restoring the old junker seeing as the hood is also lifted to reveal a missing battery.

"We're here," the guy says, a small smirk on his lips as he watches Preston's eyes flickering from one thing to another, not knowing what to settle on first.

They climb out of the car, Preston making carefully sure not to touch the black 2013 Audi A8 Sedan beside them. He knows from the talk he hears by his foster dad that those cars are expensive, worth at least eighty-thousand dollars or more.

Preston follows the guy out of the garage and up to the house. The property sits on a hill, with some slopes while coming up the driveway, but mostly flat once you get to the house, and so as they walk he stares out at the glimpses of the city below them. Suddenly, he walks into a solid wall of flesh. Preston takes a step back to see a smile on his companions tanned face. He realizes they have stopped right outside the front door, the guys hand resting on the doorknob ready to open it.

Preston raises an eyebrow at him.

"I just realized I don't know your name, and it's best if I do when someone asks who you are," the guy explains.

"It's Preston," Preston replies, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Chase," the guy says, holding out his hand for a shake.

Preston obliges and reaches his hand out. They grasp hands, and as they shake Preston can't help but think of how warm Chase's hands are as they grip his tightly.

They enter the house, the inside just as magnificent as the outside.They stand in a large foyer, a grand staircase dead ahead of them with thick dark oak intricate railings, white stairs with the steps a light golden wood that matches the rest of the flooring. The walls are white with paintings hanging from them. An archway on the left leads into a big sitting room with comfy white couches, a black grand piano sitting in the corner, black leather recliners here and there, and a giant fish tank filled with tropical fish of every size and color placed in the corner nearest the foyer decorates the room. Preston bites his lower lip as his eyes switch to the smaller archway on his right, which leads into a study.  A large dark oak desk sits in front of the bay window, every wall a bookcase filled with books and glass cabinets loaded with trophies. A royal red rectangular rug lays spread out under the desk, showing where the limits of the study area is like an ex on a map.

Preston turned back to the long hallway in front of him and notices Chase lazily walking on down it towards a light golden wood door at the very end. Deciding not to be left behind and end up lost in the billion dollar style mansion, he trots on behind Chase.

*A/N: Pic of Preston to the right!*