Chapter 1

Before I start the chapter, here is a link to a petition to bring back Legends for a proper ending: https://chng.it/DjYsQNP8yW. Not sure if you'll be able to see it on Fanfiction, but you should see it on Wattpad and A03. I highly recommend that if you haven't already signed the petition, please do, since honestly, the ending of season 7 was rushed and the series never got a proper ending and I doubt there will be enough time in the Flash to close off those loose ends. It's better to give Legends its own last season. Please sign the petition.

The last thing Sara Lance remembered before the world went dark was being down on her knees at the dawn of time next to Barry, weeping over the dead body of her oldest friend, Oliver Queen, who'd just given his life to recreate the universe and he'd just said his last words to her, that he was at peace, a word she honestly never thought she'd ever associate with her oldest friend, but that honestly did describe him. Still, that didn't stop her from mourning him, since he had been the last link she'd had to her old life. The life she'd had before she went on the Queen's Gambit. Then the world went dark and the next thing she knew, Sara was waking up back in her bed in the room she shared with Ava back on the Waverider, though how that was possible she didn't have the faintest idea and honestly, she didn't really care.

Considering everything else she'd seen since the Gambit had gone down, she'd simply stopped questioning certain things. However, she was curious about how her ship even still existed, since she'd thought that it would've been destroyed with everything else in the universe, since as far as she knew, the ship had still been parked in DC when she and Ray had been abducted to help against the Crisis.

But that did not mean that she wasn't happy about it, since honestly, this old bucket of bolts had always been the one place that truly felt like home to her since the Gambit went down.

However, the happiness she felt about being back on the ship was nothing compared to the pure joy she felt when she heard the door open and a voice she never thought she'd hear again call her name.

"Sara." Sara turned to see Ava Sharpe standing in the doorway, shock clear on her face as they rushed up to each other, meeting in the middle and their lips joining together as they both released about a month's worth of worry and tension into their kiss, only breaking apart when the desire for air became a necessity as they pulled away, both of them breathing heavily as they pressed their foreheads together and just enjoyed the sensation of being reunited.

"I missed you so much." Ava said as tears fell down her cheeks and Sara felt an impulse she never thought she'd feel in her entire life.

"Marry me." Sara said before she could stop herself.

"Wait, what?" Ava asked, thinking she'd misheard Sara, but she was desperately hoping she hadn't.

"Ava, I may not know what the hell happened or what's going on now, but one thing I do know is that the past month has been the hardest of my life, because it's a month where I knew you were dead. And everything I did since then was get back here, back to you. And I know that I don't ever want to be without you again. So Ava Sharpe, will you marry me?" Sara asked her, making it clear that she meant every word of what she just said.

"Yes, yes I will marry you." Ava said immediately once she confirmed that she'd heard Sara correctly.

Sara smiled as she kissed Ava again, but after that, she finally calmed down enough to finally be able to ask the questions that had been in the back of her mind.

"How, how are you here?" Sara asked.

"It's complicated, but I didn't actually die during the antimatter wave attack." Ava said, surprising Sara.

"What?" Sara asked.

"As soon as Gideon detected the Antimatter wave heading our way, she calculated the only chance we had to survive was to attempt a jump into the temporal zone, since as a place that technically exists outside of regular spacetime, so the antimatter wave couldn't reach us. Unfortunately, while we made it into the zone, Gideon then reported that we were trapped inside it, simply because there was no place for us to jump to." Ava said.

"Yeah, the entire universe was wiped out." Sara said.

"How did you survive?" Ava asked her now fiance.

"Because right before the attack, I, along with Barry, Kara and several others were sent to the ruined remains of the vanishing point, since it's also a place outside of space and time and as such, safe from the attack. Then, after spending about a month there, we managed to find a way to travel back to the big bang at the dawn of time, thanks to the ghost of Oliver to restart the universe." Sara said.

"Wait, Oliver's dead?" Ava asked as Sara nodded and choked back a sob.

"He died to bring back the universe." Sara said sadly.

"But I thought you of all people would know that even death can be temporary." Mar Novu said as he appeared on the ship.

"You son of a bitch." Sara said angrily and Novu sighed, since he was getting tired of people greeting him like that, but he knew he should get used to it.

"Relax Ms. Lance. I am only here to provide you with additional answers to your questions, like where the rest of your crew is." Novu explained and Sara slightly calmed down before she realized what Novu had said before he appeared.

"Wait, when you said that death was only temporary, did you mean?" Sara asked, not daring to hope, but the smile on Novu's face confirmed it.

"Yes, Oliver Queen is alive and well. It appears that his work is not yet done in the land of the living." Novu said and Sara felt much lighter as a huge weight of guilt and grief were lifted from her shoulders.

"I'm sorry, you said you could explain what happened to our crew, since literally five minutes before Gideon reported that Sara showed up in here, Nate, Behrad, Mick and Charlie all vanished in flashes of light and I know that Ray, Constantine and Nora were all on Earth when the wave hit." Ava said.

"Allow me to explain. They have taken the places of their counterparts in this world, which is essentially what Ms. Lance will be doing once this ship leaves the temporal zone and before you ask Ms. Sharpe, the reason you did not vanish is because technically, you do not possess a counterpart in this reality due to your being a clone." Novu explained and Ava nodded, since that made sense.

"So, does that mean that they're wandering around this new world with no memories of it? Because if so, that will be very confusing." Sara said and Novu chuckled.

"Until I visit them, yes, since I will give those who retained their memories of the old reality the memories of this one, which is actually why I'm here, to do the same for you." Novu said and Sara nodded as Novu waved his hand and gave her the memories of her double, showing her that she had a life that was both very similar and very different to the one she'd led on the old Earth.